YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I have just received this invitation to become his partner, should I take Kenneth seriously ?  
 Not sure about the Dear Sir bit though

"Dear sir,

I have got your contact in the cause of my serious
search for a reliable foreign partner through aprofile in which convinced me of your honesty accountability in handling
business investment.

however,I am Kenneth Adnan.sierra leonian by nationality, my father was one of the fodeh sankohRevolutionary United Front
(R.U.F)in sierra Leone in West African.

I confide in you hoping you will never betray me at
last. My most required concern is for you torecognised me as your best friend while establishing a long lasting business
relationship for our future.

Presently,I am in Dakar-senegal with the sum of Seven
million United States Dollars(US$7m).These money was appropriated by my father before his death
thruogh Diamond sales when Rrevolutionary Movement
(R.U.F)conquered one of the Diamond region,by thenmy
father was the Chief in my region and the Director of
KONO Gold and Diamond Site CORP the money was kept under my father care for the purchase of arms from Ukraine.

It was a sitution of war so my father died, I consider
it my chance and then move immediately to Dakar-Senegal and Deposited this fund in a security company for save keeping since then I have beimg looking for a nice business to
invest this fund into.

my aim of contacting you is to assist me in two ways

(1)to help and transfer the money to your country

(2)and to help me get a profitable business for importation or help me to investment any where in oversea all is base on your
professional advise and accptance to get together  without minding my age. Note that a substantial portion of these money would be compesated to you for all your assistance.as soon as i hear positive anwser from you i will make arrangement on how to move this fund with your
name whereby you will receive as my partner, I will appreciate if you can reach me on this email address or my alternative email [email protected], as soon as you receive this letter.

finally, keep this with your utmost secrecy and confidentality as you can understand my present condition in Dakar-Senegal
because i am into hiding as you can understand,

Thanks for your co-operation.

Sincerely Yours

Kenneth Adnan.

NB:you can include you private phone when replying for
direct contact on this arrangment

·
Finally not a new member
270 Posts
Imported post

Well sounds a top deal to me.  There is a site somewhere on the web of spamers who spam the spamers if that makes sense.  Its a set of guys who reply and keep the thread going for months winding these top charitable dudes up.  Unfair if you ask me all he wants to do is let you share in his millions, wot a top bloke.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Yeah.. there was a hilarious windup once where the guy pretended to be really interested, then at the end said that some nasty conman had been hacking his emails, and that under no circumstances should they hand over the money to him

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

I second what Dominic says. These are as you know scams to get money up front from you in setting up the 'business'. Don't send him you details, let alone a penny of your hard erned cash. The spamming the spammers bit sound quite good though. Funny how his mail is from spain and not Sierra Leone. You should really send it on to the serious crime squad as they deal in shutting down these people before they get money from 'more gullible' onliners.

Dave C

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Yep these scams where they promise riches and eternal happiness really get my goat.

I was caught on one of these 7 years ago and I am thousands in debt,  the scam I was caught in does end up with your bank account being drained every month.

I realise that not many people actually admit to being taking in by the con people but at the time it all looked so promising and I feel that by admitting to you all how easy it is to be taken in it may stop anyone else getting caught in years of financial ruin.

Kind Regards,
Daz

Oh BTW the scam I was caught in has been going on for decades and people are still being caught out every day.  So if anyone approaches you with an offer that appears too good to be true, avoid it.  This scam is known to insiders as "Marriage"  

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Right... and what's Mrs. Daz's email address again..?

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Um oh... ya see... um..

You walk away from your screen for 2 minutes and someone posts a message under my ID.  

Actually as she has pointed out a few times she should have been called Stella.
"Reassuringly Expensive"

Still at least diving is cheap  

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

You wait until you've got kids mate.  Then you'll find out what proper scamming is, it'll happen every weekend and go on for years.  You're better off with a couple of dogs, at least when they wind you up, you can take them to the vets for the ultimate jab or just tie them up and drop em in a river.  

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

You think marriage is bad, you should try divorce, that way they get to empty your bank account, under the bed, your sock and keep doing it for years after.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I hate to tell you this - but I just got contacted by somebody who wants to share 25 million with me!

For some reason, it got sent to my spam folder..

Gotta love my filter tho.. here's the first few lines of it's reasoning:

pts rule name              description
---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
0.3 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real name
0.9 FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS      From: ends in numbers
2.8 FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD_SMTP Header contains forged Yahoo! SMTP server hostname
0.6 US_DOLLARS_3           BODY: Mentions millions of $ ($NN,NNN,NNN.NN)
0.7 RISK_FREE              BODY: Risk free.  Suuurreeee....
1.1 DEAR_FRIEND            BODY: Dear Friend? That's not very dear!

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Mary

I'll pass on the very next offer I get,  

FB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts