YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Lundy Seals, Saturday July 23 2011

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rkh32 
#1 ·
Lundy Seals, Saturday July 23 2011

Provisionally got Bristol Channel Charters "Jay Jay" for one dayto go to Lundy for two dives. We should be able to get to see the friendlyseals as seen on this weeks "Secret Seas", and a second dive on the west coast.

I have got 5 places left. Boat cost will be about £65 if we can fill is.

If anyone need a buddy that can be arranged

We need to be at Ilfracombe by about 10:00, return will be around 18:00.

Rob...

#5 ·
Rob
Welcome to YD (consider an intro in the relevant sub forum).

It's normally a good idea to have a list (some what a YD tradition) and state the rules (normally you say then you pay, deposits or full balance up front). Also state if the sign up is both online (here) and off line (your club) so folks know if the name on a list is a guaranteed space or a possible space.

There are 5 spaces so:
1. Diving Fred (to confirm)
2. Diver Mike (confirmed)
3. Diver Mike +1 (Keith - to confirm)
4. Diver Mike +2 (Shaun - to confirm)

So who wants the last space?

Me (and Keith and Shaun) would also be interested in diving the Sunday if there is enough interest. Ideally on a boat but if there are good shore dives around Ilfracombe I'd be up for that.

Mike

#6 ·
Rob

There are 5 spaces so:
1. Diving Fred (to confirm)
2. Diver Mike (confirmed)
3. Diver Mike +1 (Keith - to confirm)
4. Diver Mike +2 (Shaun - to confirm)
5. Bomber (to confirm)
I will confirm later today when i have spoken to SWMBO.... we are down in Barnstable and think its that weekend so i can dive while she does family stuff :)

Mike AFAIA there is no shore diving around Ilfracombe.... I was asking at the local BSAC club as fancied a bit of diving when down there on family duties... its a case of its either surf beaches or the tides and current are too extream for any shore diving.... also getting air can be a bit of an issue... not found any local places to get air :-(

#9 ·
1. Diver Mike (confirmed)
2. Diver Mike +1 (confirmed)
3. Diver Mike +2 (Shaun - to confirm)

So Rob - it looks like you've got two spaces on offer.

Keith and I are looking to dive out of Salcombe on the Sunday on Woodpecker (if there are spaces)

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.