YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I seen some Luxfer 12.2 Litre Aluminium cylinders for sale lately. I have never heard of anyone using these as mostly people use the Luxfer 11.1 (80cf) for their bail out bottles.

Has anyone got any experience with using the larger 12.2l cylinders. What sort of bouyancy characteristics do they have compaired to the 11.1l's? Is the diameter of the cylinder much greater? The working pressure of the 12.2l is 232bar compaired to the 207bar of the 11.1l's I have seen in the past.

Any advice on these cylinders would be great.

Thanks,
Barry

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Tricky has one, although it is in my shed at the moment. It's a bit of a monster. I can get you exact dimensions this evening but it weighs over 16kg. Neither of us have used it in the water as it is full of O2, I would imagine it would get quite floaty when nearly empty.

Cheers/Nic

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
i was bidding on one of these for a air supply for a lift bag on flea bay however john showed me one at the shop and to be honest you'd be better of with a 12l steel

Graham

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
I have a pair which I use for bail out bottles on cave dives. They are very fat, they are very negative when full and very floaty when empty, they work best at 180-190bar so you lose the advantage of size, much better off with a pair of AL80's.

I bought them before CE marked AL80's were available. 80's are much nicer stages.

Cheers,

Stuart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts