YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Im in Teignmouth and the wind has wipped the viz up a bit here not much to see. Most boats are out of the water due to repairs, but i know a few which will go in for the right money. The temerature is cold, about 10c and droping FAST. The viz has to be out on the wrecks, I find usaly the viz can be good because the cold spell kills all the plankton spunk off in the water ! Spunk is ok not a water shed on here is their ?

Daniel

P.S. i know qite a bit on the wrecks and shore sites around here, so just ask me anything. If i don't know i can find out off a more experianced diver, who can tell me about the good old days lol !!!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi Daniel,  

I do have a interest in shore diving the south coast,  the vis was atmospheric last weekend !!!, please let me know when things start clearing up.

Daz

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Well the Viz looks like its getting better now not so much rain fall etc. Its a clear blue sky belive it or not today! Ansteys Cove in Torquay near babbacombe was reported to be having a 5 meter viz problem. I will check it out this weekend. Still not many of the dive boats in the water this at the moment only small ribs still.

Thanks Daz for the reply.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

plankton spunk??...
care to expand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Everyone knows what Plankton Spunk is, but no none of it around at the moment. The viz is great at the momnet considering the conditions a couple of weeks ago. I personaly had over 5 meters viz in ansteys cove. All good stuff. Can't wiat till the hard boats are in the water agin. The viz on the wrecks must be great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

THURSDAY NIGHT DIVES

I arange one night a week shore dives through a centre in Teignmouth. They let me use their van for no cost and i make the arangements where and when we go diving. We usaly meet up at about 7 ish every thursday at a site which we chosse the day before. Email if you are intrested on cost its just great to see a few new extra faces along.  Last year we had over 20 people come and dive more than once. I even aranged a BBQ after a dive for a laugh. Or contact the centre who i nick the van off 01626 773965 and mention "Where the F**k is the shore dive on thursday".

Not to start tfor another few weeks ok.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

nice to see that you didnt throw in a plug for that grotty little hole in tinmuff dude!!:-0

regards

trox

1 - 8 of 8 Posts