YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im thinking about going on this boat with TB doing the wrecks and reefs itinerary in septemeber. Ive tried to google about this boat but havent come up with much... so... is it any good? is the itinerary any good too? Never been to the red sea!

Thanks
Luke

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, ive seen that page. just wanted some one elses opinion. obviously they are going to show the best parts ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
MV Bella One

Was on Bella in October last year. It was only ten months old then and was showing wear and tear but so would any boat that works 24/7 with 24 divers on it. The crew was excellent and the food was to the same standard as you would expect if you were staying on shore. We did the wrecks and reefs tour and had a great time taking in the Thistlegorm, Rosalie Mollor, The wrecks of Sha’b Abu Nuhas along with Shark and Yolanda. Hope this helps in your decision.

·
Technical instructor and dive guide
112 Posts
Same goes - rolls a bit as it's a wooden hull, but Tiddler and me dived it at Christmas via Tony Backhurst on a Northern trip out of Sharm. We got the mega mega mega room at the front - semicircular bed, loads of room - perfect. Crew were ace as was food, and got a big thumbs up from all concerned. Briefs weren't brief from the guides at the time - but if that's the only downside on a trip, it's not exactly a biggy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input guys! i think ill phone up on thurday and book it then.
ive just done my nitrox course - you think its worth paying to dive with nitrox? and will a 12l tank be ok. im fairly okish on air.

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
thanks for the input guys! i think ill phone up on thurday and book it then.
ive just done my nitrox course - you think its worth paying to dive with nitrox? and will a 12l tank be ok. im fairly okish on air.
'Sup to you... I did, and was glad I did, although it did limit my depths, but I reckon I was less tired than those who stuck to air (or maybe the others didn't enjoy their beer in the evening as much as me!)

You could opt to do first dive on air, then nitrox on the subsequent, if you want a bit of depth...

I do think that TB boats should get into line with a lot of the other boats in the RS and provide nitrox free though... but that's another debate.

Pete

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think i might as well... i got the nitrox cert so i might as well use it.
one other question - is the insurance from TB a good deal? or should i look around? from what i can see it looks ok and it might save some hassle as they know im insured and know all the details etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts