YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Hi everyone,

I need to get a made to measure 3mm all-over suit.

Where's the cheapest place? It's only likely to be used for a max of 10 dives per year.

Cheers
Juz

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

Juz,
Unless you are a realy unusual shape you should be able to get a 3mm suit off the shelf, the thinner material is much more flexable and will stretch to fit most shapes.
My wife is a very strange shape, and needs Made To Measure (MTM) everything except her 3mm wetsuit, she just bought one off the peg at Go-Dive (spent most of the morning trying them all on) and then shortened the arms herself.

If you do still want to go for a MTM suit then a 5mm will give you more flexability. I dive without a suit in water above 30 degrees, and in a 5mm one piece wetsuit in water temps ranging from 30 degrees to 18 degrees, then I dive a drysuit.

As to where to get a MTM suit, I like O'Three. But then I prefer to have exactly what I want or go without until I can afford it. If it's for limited use you'll probably be able to compramise and get cheaper.

Hope this helps a bit.

Simon A

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Thanks Simon.

Up until now, I have managed all of my diving with either my drysuit or my 3mm shortie. I'm a big (Big Big) lad around the middle and a short *rse.

Thing is, I'm planning a trip next year, and although it's 30 degree water, it's upto 2 hours per dive and there are jellyfish in the deco range.

That's why I need an all over and why and why I want 3mm rather than 5mm. I don't want to spend too much as it may
even only used for this trip.

Juz

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

Juz,
now I see, try O'Three they'll make some changes to an off the peg suit as part of the service, I know someone who they said they'd alter an off the peg drysuit for and when they picked it up it was a MTM suit at an off the peg price.

Simon A

1 - 4 of 4 Posts