YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Seen this for sale Proton magnetometer Plotter Wreck Finder MX 500 . Will try (I'm sure unsuccessfully) to try and convince the club to buy one! What fun we could have on w/ends in W/Wales!!

Failing that a suitable benefactor may be willing to purchase on out behalf  

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Imported post

Hmmmmm,

Not convinced! They used to be all the rage 10 to 20 years ago and dont misunderstand me - an awfull lot of wrecks were found this way.  However, certainly anywhere between St Catherines point and Beachy head to 20 miles off shore I doubt if it would have any use as the Admiralty spent 18 months finishing in the middle of last year, criss crossing the area with Very sophisticated kit in order to update their charts.
Obstructions and wrecks can be purchased from the wreck office (differential GPS fixes) for about £3.50 plus Vat in minimum blocks of 10. So pick your wrecks and ring them up! Its a far less time consuming method of finding them

Regards

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>That  MAG,,,,,, is a home made version by PLANET ELECTRONIC's i think from Ipswich.

Bob Hickson knocks them out at £ 2500 NEW.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Admiralty spent 18 months finishing in the middle of last year, criss crossing the area with Very sophisticated kit in order to update their charts.
Obstructions and wrecks can be purchased from the wreck office (differential GPS fixes)
and as Skipper says , also the whole of the Dover Starits was surveyed from Dungeness to the Thames including the French side ,

Long term plan is to do all the UK    

Andy.

ps    get a cheap side scan sonor, then sell the piccies to ya divers or people writing books.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts