YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last month or so the valves on my agir manifold have become increasingly difficult to turn. It is not due for an O2 clean until July, but I understand that stripping them down and providing a bit of tlc isn't too difficult. Any suggestions that you found useful or things to look out for?

Cheers

Dave

·
Apprentice houseplant
988 Posts
Get some proper cristolube from somewhere, other than ebay. I wasn't impressed with the 'Christ-o-lube" I got online :(

Nackers sells it, as do a few other online stores. Other than that, it's fairly easy to sort out, though technically doing this does validate the O2 clean status.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Translation needed

Depressurise, strip, clean, relube and stick it all back together again. It's a 30 min job and the results are immediate. Don't gobbo it up with too much grease.
Woz, WTF does "gobbo it up" mean? Is that some peculiar Nottingham lingo? :teeth: Can someone translate that into Mackem for me, please ;)

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Woz, WTF does "gobbo it up" mean? Is that some peculiar Nottingham lingo? :teeth: Can someone translate that into Mackem for me, please ;)
Howay what yuz dee is tek aaaall thuz air whot is in yer cylindurz ooot then gan get a geet hefty lass wiya spannah tuh teurn tha nuts till thuz aaaaaaaal loose, like.

Then yuz gan get wor lass doon tha toon tuz get sum o that oxy greeeeeeuse then yuz smear it aaaaaall awa yuz kit till it looks leek Bigg Market cobbles in the rain- a wee bit shiny an slick.

Get yuz spannah ooot and whack it aaaall up teet sur they'z canny good.

Had away an shite.

(ex Newcastle resident- well I spent 4 years living there. Sunderland. I heard of that in a "eeee pet am gasping forra Sunderland pass uz tha paypa and some o that Andrex, pet")

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Has anyone got any up to date information, all the pictures have gone from this one. A nice you tube video would be great :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts