YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'm quiet, shy and I blush a lot... honestly!
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title, we are looking to honeymoon in the Maldives in mid-October (2007). Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay (preferably all inclusive)where there will be good diving (desperately hoping to see sharks galore and mantas!).

So any advice? Seems to be loads of resorts but we really want a nice one with good diving possiblities.

Thanks in advance,
S
x

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
The Maldives are great, I've been there 5 over the last few years and can't wait to go back again.

October is not going to be the best time of year to go though, it's in the middle of the rainy season! so it will be wet, you will have some sun but you can pretty much guarantee it's going to rain every day.

You may be better of looking for another destination, (or moving the wedding :D) We got married in mid September and had the same problem, a lot of the tropical places are in the middle of their monsoon season. We ended up in Bali which I would highly recommend, if you're interested in this, look for hotels in Nusa Dua or alternatively Sanur, avoid Kuta beach like the plague.

Let me know if you want further details on either the Maldives or Bali

Jezza

·
Registered
350 Posts
Vilamendhoo

I can highly recommend the above in the south ari atol. Its a lovey island very traditional and not spoiled at all. Food is fantastic as is the all inclusive package - the local dive sites and house reef are outstanding - Sept/Oct is also the best time to see whalesharks.

Dive Centre used to be run by Werner Lau who were excellent - rather expensive but you did get what you paid for thats for sure - worth every penny, however Euro divers have now taken over. However, I have heard good reports on Eurodivers and the dive sites will still be the same:teeth:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts