YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>OK, so it's my turn to bore you all with my account of a throughly fantastic 12 days on the Sea Spirit from Maldives Scuba Tours.

Departed Manchester at 2pm for quite a long flight eventually ending up in Male at approx 08.00 local time.  Usual stuff at passport control, just like the redsea, slow!!.  Out side to find Jay who was waiting for us, there were 5 of us plus a couple and a single lady, total 8 on a boat catering for 12, although I don't think anyone told the chef there were only 8 of us as there was enough food at each meal to feed a small African nation.

We were picked up by the boats Dhoni (which is what is dived from).  Once on board our bags were taken down to our cabins and as there were only 8 of us Jenny and I had separate cabins - luxury

We had our first dive that afternoon close by at around 2.30pm just to see who could and couldn't remember how to put their kit together.  OK that was the first test over.

Over the next 10 days of diving I did 32 dives and mixxed out on 1 night dive as we had done 2 deep dives that day.

We had a mixture of reefs and some wrecks, but as everyone will probably know the coral is not the best in the world but there were some lovely soft coral overhangs, however who needs great coral when on lots of the dives we had Mantas, eaglerays, stringrays and sharks.

One of the dives I stayed around to watch the sharks when I turned round everyone else had gone, so stayed anyway.  Sharks, treated to a flypast from 8 Eaglerays one was a group of 4 I couldn't have been happier  

The last day must have been about the best we got up early as there was another boat in the area and we were in the water for 7am, we were heading for a Manta cleaning station and as we got there one arrived right on cue, we stayed at 16 meters for 48 minutes, we had 7 mantas all at once then some went and then came back, a minute or two in to deco and we had to leave.

Anyway we had an absolutely brilliant time, great boat and crew, no compressor noise as the Dhoni left us when the cylinders needed filling.  Fab food (a little too good), and brill diving.  The weather was also better than we expected as the forecast enabled us to travel quite a long way north.  We only had 2 day time showers on the first two days at about 2 pm for about 2 minutes and the other showers occured during the night.

Now I only have a video of the trip to watch, one hour of memories which will last me until my next holiday.  

Now where to next!!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Nice report, Fiona. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Definitely NOT bored!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts