YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I know most of you wont know but.

Living by Hebden Bridge / Rochdale. Where the nearest place for air fills. I know ROHO isnt that far but im hardly ever out that way. Anyone know anywhere a bit closer??

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Remember, if you want air in your O2 clean tank to make sure it's clean air!

Can't help with filling ideas ...

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Probe Diving in Oldham - they're in the Yellow Pages or ask directory enquiries. Owned by Scott and Phil's his tech/mechanic. Either can sort you out on 21% or any Nitrox mix.

You're not far from me Ben (I'm in Middleton, near Rochdale), and I've been using Probe for a couple of years now. Good luck.

HTH.

PS: Remember to make sure that you ask for 'double filtered' 21% in your new O2-clean tanks, if it is, indeed, 21% you want! If you go for 32% mix (50 mins, 30 metres, 12litre), you'll also be fine on your current rig.

(Edited by Bren Tierney at 6:03 pm on Nov. 21, 2002)

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Ahh haa,
Nice one Bren. Just down the road.

My current tank isnt o2 cleaned yet, I borrowed one for the course off andy. Reckon it will be a bit before the TDI cards come through anyway, so on air for a bit.

Gonna buy a big 02 cleaned 15L I reckon for my nitrox outings!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ben - refills available at Subaqua1 0161 654 6768 - between Oldham and Middleton in college grounds - very handy for M62 Is moving soon I understand. Call me if you want directions.

(Edited by Billy the Kangaroo at 9:51 am on Nov. 25, 2002)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Billy,

You're referring to the dive centre in the grounds of De La Salle Community College in Middleton, right? I know it well, I live in Middleton and my dad used to lecture in Psychology and Sociology there. Not five mins from my house mate. You say they're moving soon?? Do we know where?? How far away?? Any more info on that news??

So yes Ben, that is another option, although I've never taken a fill from them - that's not to say that I wouldn't!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

Yes,

It;s currently in the grounds of "Hopwood College" ( i think ) on the main road out of Middleton towards Oldham.  
Andy, who runs it is a good lad, and they have a nice club - Auquanuts ( I'm not a mebmer, so not advertising ) with different grades of membership.  Top grade gives access to club pool sesion every week, FREE AIR FILLS as well and discounts/ preference on trips etc all at an inclusive, reasonable rate.
I was in there last week and he is expecting to move to the main road in Middleton before Xmas.  Tell him Billish recommended him.

Well worth dropping in if you are local - or commuting M62 its between junctions 19 and 20 so you may even miss some of the roadworks.

(Edited by Billy the Kangaroo at 9:52 am on Nov. 25, 2002)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Billy,

Ah...Hopwood Hall, know it very well. Used to go every year to the kids' Christmas do there when they'd lay on either a panto or a Guilbert and Sullivan for the masses. Very fond memories mate. Father Christmas, pass-the-parcel, treasure hunt the works.

So he's moving to down town Midd eh?? Do you know where?? Do let me know as it's a hop, skip and jump from my house.

Cheers,

(Edited by Bren Tierney at 12:50 am on Nov. 25, 2002)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts