YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi

B4 I go running off to Roho, SDS, Diverswarehouse or even Lids I thought I'd ask what manifolds and twinning bands you recommend. I understand the Scubapro one is good but that they don't do a 300 bar one anymore (DIR recommendation but not sure whether it really matters) I'd like twin 12's cos I have a spare 12ltr Faber cylinder already less than  a year old and so I'll just match up a new one.

I like to get good value for money (don't we all) but I don't really know the price ranges.

Kindest Regards

WL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Imported post

MDE manifolds are the best but also the most expensive (you pays your money......)
a mates just got a good price from Deep blue ( full manifold MDE) £150 thats about the cheapest ive seen em.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

I just scored my MDE manifold and OMS bands from Andy Hayhurst - I can't print the prices on here as that would start at riot. Suffice to say that I recommend that you call him for a quote on TEL: 07702 - 819381.

Good luck. I have a feeling you might be pleased.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Imported post

Halcyon now make a 300BAR manifold. http://www.halcyon.net/acc/manifold.shtml Should be available from a dealer near you. I guess it will cost about the same as the S/Pro - FTP is &#36254/£158.

The best tanks bands you can get are from Highland Millworks. I have some and they are lovely! You can now get them in the uk from Abyss uk - http://www.abyssuk.com They are not cheap but they are very good.

(Edited by Mark at 9:49 am on Jan. 29, 2003)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I've got an MDE manifold so very happy to hear what you said Dunc, but I read that a certain style of diver (mentioning no acronyms) prefer scubapro, yet I'd always been led to believe MDE was "the mutts nuts", oh well, c'est la vie
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
52 Posts
Imported post

Think Scubapro earned its good rep early on, since then MDE has become the best, scubapro are still good but i think MDE are better finished.
well thats my thoughts whatever there worth!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

For bands and manifolds contact Mario Arena at North Eastern Divers.  He has the Scubatec "Italan" manifold, 300 bar (same one that Halcyon supply) for Euro 140 including UK shipping.  I have a photograph of this. e-mail me and I will send you a pic.

He also has Highland bands (#700 to fit UK 12.2L Faber steel tanks) for Euro 110.

Contact Mario at [email protected] or fax +39.040.303585

Alternatively, Underwater Explorers in Portland have bands made in Czeck Republic which are a very good copy of the Highland bands (about £70). In my opinion, you can't beat the Highland bands.

Hope this helps.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts