YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I'm seperating the thread below as some of the gigs have different info. relevant to them. This is the;

MARCH 6th,7th, 8th.(£135 inc. diving, accom, lunch, air fills)
(BOAT 1)
(1)Peter K
(2)Julia C
(3)Nick H
(4)Howard T(Diving Dude)
(5)Rebecca T
(6)Simon T-W
(7)John M
(8)Bren T
(9)Chris H
(10)Tony K(Parahandy)
(11)Gareth D(Reeve)
(12)Gavster

(BOAT 2)
Julian Clissord,
Dougie Kerr,
Dougie+1
Dougie+2
Dougie+3
Mark D
Billy B
Driftwood(floating on the water, la-dee-da-dee-dee)
Louigi
Martin(Angus Mcnasty)
Steve C

I can take 12 or 24 to this one.
If you don't want any of these extras then take it off the cost.

Air fills minus £18.
If you're diving Nitrox then this is what you'll *need* to do. The boat compressor only does air and isn't double filtered. Nitrox is availible from the accomodation at 1p per ltr + air top-up. I'll tell the centre to make sure O2 is in, but you sort these fills out yourself. John Mitchell knows the deal so he'll point you in the right direction.

Lunch minus £12
As it says. The boat has a small stove for hot water. Apart from that you're on yer own.

Accomodation minus £30
Some of the more romantically inclined couples don't want us to hear them shagging so they go to the hotel to let them hear instead. Contact Jules C for more info on this(the hotel, not the shagging that is).

Apart from that the usual drill is, and I'm getting sick of telling everyone this but I need to keep the newcomers informed;

Arrive Friday at your leisure, get a room and grub, go to pub.
Dive Saturday, 30mtrs max for the 'troxers, go to pub.
Dive Sunday, depths TBA on Sat aft, go to pub.
Dive Monday, depths TBA on Sun aft, go home.

Linky things;
Dive centre
Perigrine

Peter

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

The Lochaline Hotel is £35 a night for a double room with breakfast. (no en suite room available but it's warm and dry even if the neighbours are a bit noisy) Tel 01967 421 657

·
Registered
1 Posts
Imported post

Hi Peter

I am sorry but it appears that I have managed to erase the photos from the last day on our last trip to Loch Aline.  Especially the ones of the underwater rabbit and cat.

Sorry we will have to re-enact the  pets corner on our next trip.

See you soon

St Nick

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Shame! You'll never get that angle again with Jules right between my ears. I think that was more by luck than by design.

Peter
PS-You do know who St Nick is, don't you?

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Dec. 09 2003,16:05)]PS-You do know who St Nick is, don't you?
father christmas! that's what i keep telling him!  

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

When people find out just how badly Bren Snores they may decide to book into the hotel afterall...

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Dec. 09 2003,16:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Dec. 09 2003,16:05)]PS-You do know who St Nick is, don't you?
I thought St Nick was the devil!

Peter
Mr T-Do you snore this badly?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Peter,

Thanks for the invite. I have a free w/end and would like to join you. Chatted to club members last night and they're talking about easter for next club trip so wives and kids can go. (not my scene)

BSAC Dive Leader (should have passed exam by then), Nitrox and have my own filter, so not a problem.

Please add my name to the list and let me know what you want in the way of a deposit and when. If you P.M. me your account details I can transfer the money.

regards

gareth davies

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Put me down for a dip that weekend.

Mrs Y cannae come but I'm sure I can try and screw up a twinset again.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Okay-dokey Gav, you're down.

Right folks, that's the first 12 down. Everything is already booked and organised for us. I'll set up an OE group ansd send out more relevant info. through that. most of you will have already read it, but it helps those that havn't been before.

I can take another 10-12, but it has to be those numbers unless the relevant folk want to pick up the extra places. If I get another 1/2 dozen or so I'll start offering the spaces outwith YD.

Peter

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Peter.

Chating to my buddy last night he'd very much like to come, not a YD'r. I said I'd ask if there was room on a second boat. If there is then please can I book another place for him.

cheers

gareth

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Hi Gareth,
              Yep, there's plenty room for him on a second boat. Right now he has the whole boat to himself. I'll start a seperate list and when the numbers make it viable I'll check that the boat and accom. is availible.

So come on troops, get your fingers out!

Peter

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>The Dougie Paddler - that's my mate Dougie -  would like to come and I reckon we can get another three at least.

What about another boat? Go on Peter ... you know it makes sense...

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Peter,

Having just had to attend court in the middle of a holiday I've now got a couple of days extra compensatory leave to use, so I can make this one providing I can get the time off. Put me down for the second boat please.

Are ears on hoods compulsory?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Dec. 09 2003,17:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Dec. 09 2003,16:52)]
[b said:
I thought St Nick was the devil!

Peter
Mr T-Do you snore this badly?
The Devil is 'Old Nick' and yes, my snoring is of Olympic standard - we're talking 'You might not want to be in the same postcode' bad  

That said, I only snore when I've had a few sherries with convivial company - so unless this trip is going to observe the abstemiousness of a Methodist prayer group, then in all likelihood, I'll be snoring like bastard  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gavin Yates @ Dec. 15 2003,00:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Dougie Paddler - that's my mate Dougie -  would like to come and I reckon we can get another three at least.
Woo and Yay Gav,
Can you get confirmations on them ASAP please Gav/Doug. It'll make my life a bit easier.
PS-I was tittering like a schoolgirl when you sent me that mail the other night starting like that.
PPS-I hope it was nowt srious on Sunday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Having just had to attend court in the middle of a holiday I've now got a couple of days extra compensatory leave to use, so I can make this one providing I can get the time off. Put me down for the second boat please.
Again Mark, can you find out ASAP for me please?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That said, I only snore when I've had a few sherries with convivial company - so unless this trip is going to observe the abstemiousness of a Methodist prayer group, then in all likelihood, I'll be snoring like bastard  
You'ld better bring a bloody tent then Bren!

Peter

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Dec. 15 2003,09:20)]Are ears on hoods compulsory?
no just very stylish!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

When will you be looking for deposits for this gig? Will anyone be looking to share a lift /cost. I'm travelling up from Cardiff S.Wales. Please pm details.

gareth

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

E-mail away!!!

Peter

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

Peter, I am still waiting for confimation from the builders as to when I can move in.  They told me end of January, then end of February.  The skivers are on holiday until the 5th January and there seems to be a lot of work still to go.  Will keep you informed.

PS, don't know about Colin & Carys as I have not heard fom them.

Catch ya later

Billy

1 - 20 of 189 Posts