YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Does anyone know of a supplier for these hoses?  ive tried the usual online suspects but no luck.

My hose has recently started leaking, not huge amounts but noticable bubbles.
With my rig pressurised but the air off ive lost 25bar in 60 minutes.  My main fear is it could get worse.

I *think* i can see a small O ring in the connector but cant see an obvious way of getting to it, checking it or replacing it.

Any suggestions or do i need a new hose?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Take it in to your local dive shop and let them have a look at it. It could just have a bit of sand or other crap stuck in the connector.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Tried the usual cleaning with a cotton bud and so on, got a lot of junk out of it but it looks totally clear now with nothing obvious on either side of the connector.  The leak is also worse if the hose is held at a certain angle.

My "local" dive shop is about an hours drive away so not hugely practical to visit for things like that.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

I had a Mares Vector BCD a good BCD its only weakness being it seemed to go through O rings on the connector.

As pointed out your local dive shop should have the o rings for a repair.  If I remember right the o rings are difficult to extract without the correct tools.  The connectors tend to attract sand also sometimes they get sharp bits oh the male part which leaves to wear.  Worst case scenerio at a push you could change the inflator and hose.

Think a company called Blandford imports Mares products. They were very helpfull sent me a BCD parts spares list, after sales very good. See the link below
http://www.divernet.com/blandfrd/index.html

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

This is a Mares Vector BCD also.

Given the low amount of air loss im tempted to dive with it on the weekend and disconnect if needed (will be shallow non deco dives etc anyway with drysuit for normal buoyancy control) and try to get someone in west wales to have a look at it then rather than take 2.5 hours out of my week to get to the local shop.

Looking with a torch im fairly certain the O ring in there is looking a bit rough on one side so suspect thats the thing at fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts