YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Troglodyte
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR SALE:

Mares Origin Sport. With integrated weight pouches and Mares "Air Trim" bouyancy control...

If you have concerns about switching to the "Air Trim" then please speak to someone who dives with it... It is so simple to finetune the air in your BC to maintain constant volume. Main benefit for me was that diving horizontal you sometimes need to do a little roll or tilt arse/head up a bit to dump air from hose or dump valve... With Air Trim you simply press the "dump" button and it opens one way valve at the shoulder and kidney simultaneously - so air is able to escape whichever orientation you are in :) Also, no more water rushing down your inflator hose and filling up your BC!

Origin Sport AT - B.C.D.s AT - Mares - just add water
Impartial review: BC MARES ORIGIN SPORT AT MRS PLUS - Divernet

Full service by Divers Warehouse - Bradford - 4 months ago, inc all new o rings etc. Good used condition - usual scuffs etc. Only problem is with one weight pocket, zip is broken - i simply used a cable tie to hold the lead in on that pocket and it was fine... although new pockets are readily available.

Reason for sale is simply that, like many others, I dived a harness and wing - and I 'aint going back!! :-D RRP is around the £220 mark.

Looking for £75, grab a bargain so I can pay for the computer I just bought!! :)

Thanks for reading
Simon

·
"Are we human, or are we diver?"
1,329 Posts
OK, I'm interested
Pm coming

·
1,329 Posts
It's not from the "phsychic" range then???

·
1,329 Posts
YD beats fleabay hands down.

Again.

BCD arrived very quickly & was well packed. Opened it up and it was exactly as described & in good nick. I'm a bit OCD so the defective zip (as reported by the OP) became my primary focus and within an hour it was fixed. Permanently.

I really like the Airtrim system & the Mares MRS+ integrated weight pockets so I'm well pleased with my purchase.

Thanks S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts