YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

A few years ago I bought a Mares TechNomad 140 bag. On the first trip one of the wheels broke, the plastic that holds the axle in place all split. Being a respourceful person I used fibreglass to re-make the plastic and that got me home.

However, after a few years abuse (good ole baggage handlers!) the wheel has give away completely.

I tried Mares themselves, even sent photos of the part to them. Told me they could get it. They now appear to be ignoring me!

So anyone got any ideas who I could try to get the wheel replaced?

It looks like Aqua Lung also use the same wheels so I guess they just buy them in?

I'll be really annoyed having to dump the bag over such a problem!

Thanks

Rob

·
I like my login so much I put my name on it...
1,451 Posts
My holdall version of this bag fell apart after a few uses (the zip gave way completely), shame as it initially feels like a really solid bag. Next time I'll be getting a holdall version from the army surplus, that won't go wrong!

(Not much help I know, sorry :embarassed: )

·
South African - and proud of it!
180 Posts
With all the messing around with Blandford Sub Aqua losing the Mares distribution to Head (who own Mares) UK a year or so ago, there are still problems getting parts etc form Head / Mares. You could always try Blandford Sub Aqua and see if they've got anything left over from when they ran things - (01823 663849)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With all the messing around with Blandford Sub Aqua losing the Mares distribution to Head (who own Mares) UK a year or so ago, there are still problems getting parts etc form Head / Mares. You could always try Blandford Sub Aqua and see if they've got anything left over from when they ran things - (01823 663849)
Thanks Andy, Blandford are being more helpful than Mares ever managed to be!

·
Mmmmmmmm
256 Posts
Same bag, same problem.

Bag was from SDS @ Sheffield. They ordered a new one for me, and got it to me within 3 days I think. The guy (cannot remember name) who sorted it said it was a right pain to arrange, think he spent a long time on the phone finding the correct person to buy one from.

If the previous solution doesn't work for you, suggest you give SDS a call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.