YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
hmmm.. open circuit revisited...
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am off to Marsa Alam next week and just got our confirmation letter from Regal that states: Visas can be obtained on arrival from our agent for $18 or £12... now call me tight, but as a point of principal I have always refused to use the agents for the visas as they just put their cut on top of the visa fee. The same scam works in Hurghada, but one can get the 'raw' visa stamps for $15 or £10 from the customs official in the little booth in the arrivals area under the sign that says words to the effect.. 'visa $15' :teeth:

Never having been to Marsa Alam I was wondering if the arrivals area setup there is the same as in Hurghada or if I really have to pay the $3 extra for someone to get the official stamps for me...:embarassed:

Anke

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I'm with you Anke, on the not paying more just for someone else to do exactly the same - Regal must be making a fair bit!

I have just had a confirmation email about my hol - we also go to Marsa and TB will sort it out for £10. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to Marsa Alam in February. Visa can be obtained from the little desk on the right before passport control. I paid £10 and got 10 Egyption pounds back, so cost me about £9ish. US$ may be the better option though with current exchange rates been what they are.

Have a good trip.

·
hmmm.. open circuit revisited...
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, everybody. Will look out for the desk at the airport.

Now I just need to find a way to smuggle all my dive gear, rebreather, sofnolime and video gear on the plane... hohum... and only carry one piece of hand luggage..

·
'we are here for a good time, not a long time'
781 Posts
I haven't checked the exchange rates... is $15 less than a tenner at the moment?
;)
a couple of days ago it was £1 for $2, so visa = £7.50, + commission on getting the $'s, but get enough for the last (non diving) day & you will save even more! :teeth:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts