YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Another 'former member' who's 'resting'.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello fellow techy's, Im here now to put things right. Im new to this diving lark but judging by some of your comments Ive read me thinks tis easy and whats all the fuss about.    

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Weclome to YD, M&C!

Nothing like 'easing' yourself into the throng, what?

Enjoy.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

After reading most of this guy's current 9 postings, I think we can agree he/she's a wind-up wallah and a troll. So unless he/she can post something of worth, or at least something that doesn't set out to be deliberately provocative, please ignore him/her.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

I'll have a looksee at this one then.........

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Master&Commander @ April 10 2004,13:34)]Im here now to put things right. Im new to this diving lark but judging by some of your comments Ive read me thinks tis easy and whats all the fuss about.    
Yep, definately either a nutter who is not going to live long or a wind up merchant?

I do hope you are the latter, I hate dragging bodies out of lakes.

James  

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

ah c'mon the film wasn't THAT bad, although I find the book better....

moray

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Master&Commander @ April 10 2004,13:34)]Hello fellow techy's, Im here now to put things right. Im new to this diving lark but judging by some of your comments Ive read me thinks tis easy and whats all the fuss about.    
master&commander,
welcome to yd and i must admit to sharing bren's concern about your intentions and the content of your posts.
but hey you may not be a troll you might just be a nutter and may therefore fit in after all.........................    

cheers
barrie

G

·
Imported post

I reckon Hornblower is better or if you are a bit of a history buff you could go one better and read the biography of the guy Hornblower was based on, and he is a Scot

have a read of the stroy of Cochrane, it reads like a boys own navy story and the although it is hard to swallow at times,being so far fetched, it is all true!
 This is the guy that took a spanish frigate with three times the manpower on board and many times the firepower in a single ship action, invented poison gas, ended spanish domination of Sth America with a sinking ship and about 100 men etc etc.
 Napoleon called him the Loup de Mer for good reason

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Is he really a scot? You see there's a whole lot of English boys out there masquerading as scots all along. I call to the stand one Peter Kelly....

·
Registered
755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hey RJ

Could you give us the name of this book and the author.

Thanks

G

·
Imported post

I know that somewhere in the house I have at least two biographies of Cochrane but can only find one at the moment. It is called "Cochrane, Britannias sea wolf" by Donald Thomas and is ISBN 0-304-35659-X. I think the other is also called something very similiar like above "Cochrane blah blah" but but can't seem to locate it in the chaos that is my book collection at the mo.
Definitely worth a read if you like sea stories like Hornblower and Patrick O'brien, except it is all true

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ April 16 2004,01:19)]Is he really a scot? You see there's a whole lot of English boys out there masquerading as scots all along. I call to the stand one Peter Kelly....
I was trying to come up with a witty, yet somewhat cutting, retort to that comment Mr Moon (what a stupid surname, don't marry a woman called Button for Gods sake), but under the duress I, quite frankly, can't be arsed. I shall now revert to the good old-fashioned "wan**r" as I feel that makes my point.

Peter

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ April 17 2004,12:31)]I was trying to come up with a witty, yet somewhat cutting, retort to that comment Mr Moon (what a stupid surname, don't marry a woman called Button for Gods sake),
<font color='#000080'>My god man i nearly lost bladder control.  

BTW you can call him what you like for the moment - he is in Skye diving with Dave Crampton.

Maybe bring up the comment by his "on-off" girlfriend Chris "Digger if you were a girl you would have a fanny like a bucket"

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Well, I often meet women called Button, but then I suppose not many women have met a boy called Digger before.

Chris has managed some other choice phrases over the last few weeks, including a text which just said "You ate my donut you fat little sh*t. Im gutted. Love you. x" What a woman.

Pete, you seem to have the wrong flag displayed as your avatar, too. It was St. Georges day not more than a couple of days ago, show some patriotism!

ATB

Digs.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

RJ

Thanks for that tip i will be investigating this guy Cochrane a bit more, well into that stuff.

Is he any relation to the Zepheran Cochrane guy that invented Warp Drives etc and led to First Contact?

Dive Safe

Paul

G

·
Imported post

At the risk of being mistaken for a trekkie

Is it not Cochran rather than Cochrane in Star trek?
The guy really was interesting, according to accounts the greatest living seaman after Nelson every produced by Britain.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

RJ

Ahhh as reading a few of my posts will show i am a bit of a spelling muppett

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Next Navy Hero then i would say is Brook of the Bank i will do a bit of reasearch and post a bit more on him but WW1 Destroyer Captain who with his one destroyer Gunned, Torpedoed, Rammed and Borded with Pistols and Cutlasses a flotilla of German Destroyers off Kent one night.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ April 17 2004,12:31)](what a stupid surname, don't marry a woman called Button for Gods sake)
Which reminds me - the mobile phone ring tone of one of the peeps from Ocean View in Selsey is Button Moon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts