YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back late last night. I have to say it's a lovely island and i would visit again the life on the dives was amazing and the viz was 25m or more on every dive having never really dived abroad apart from a short try dive in greece years ago.The first dive was down to 26m after a quick check dive we went out on the boat to a reef looking over the side i could see the bottom 26m down gobsmacked is an under statement :teeth: Octopus, big eel things the lot i suddenly realised why people go abroad to dive so often. The wedding went well too:embarassed: The only bad part of the trip was airfrance i will never fly with them again absolute joke from the off at manchester the check in girl wanted to charge me 176 quid for my dive kit even when i showed her a print out from the airfrance website saying it was 20 euros for diving equipment it took half an hour of arguing and only when i got to see the manager after demanding it was it resolved with the stupid bitch still arguing that both the manger and i where wrong. The seats on the flight where pathetic if your over 5'6" and apart from when they served meals you didn't see the crew to get a drink etc you had to go and get your own coming back i had the same hassle with dive kit and had to pay 20 euros again regardless of showing my receipt from manchester. Regardless what it costs in time or money in future i will not fly with them. CDG airport was the usual joke with any liquids you'd bought in manchester being confiscated regardless if you had a receipt or not however each time i beeped going through a metal detector i was not searched once there. Then you get on the plane and air france give you metal knives and forks to eat you meal with.

All in all a fantastic time and i would recommend Mauritius for couples it's not really set up for families from what we seen

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
What part were you at....I was at Fflic en Flac around 10 -15 years ao.....did Grand Bai....and a the seven coloured earths.....great island....people so friendly....and the diving is awesome!!!

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Pleased you enjoyed it.
Who did you end up diving with?

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stayed in turtle bay it was a great place in the maritim hotel about 15mins from grand baie. I dived (is that a word?) with the maritim hotel they where great quick check dive and left us alone really all the kit they hired out was pretty new and in good condition although i had my own. they carried o2 which some schools don't out there and trained to cmas standards they did do padi but preferred not to never gave any reason why. The best mans speech went down a storm thanks for all the help form everyone i even stayed sober until after i'd read it:embarassed: All i've ever seen in anglesey yaz is bloody crabs and a few fish :embarassed: so it was great to me:angel:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts