YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

(Edited by peter k at 7:30 pm on Feb. 23, 2003)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

Peter
Put your kit on and go lay in the bath but don’t put any water in it,
You know all the trouble we are having at the moment about drink diving.
I understand you only have to wait another couple of months or so.
I definitely will not be getting my tootsies wet this side of Easter.
Anyone wishing to dive at this time of the year is either off his trolley or pissed.
On a serious note I think WL on General Forum [what do you reckon]just about covers it.
Bob

(Edited by Seadart Bob at 11:23 am on Feb. 3, 2003)

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Peter,

The only advice I can give you at this moment is to find something else to do until you can dive again.  Any projects that have been put on the back burner.

DIY torch, backplate/harness ??  

Any other suggestions for Peter to save him spending all his money on alcohol or going mad.

Daz

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Come on Pete mate, chin up!

Treat the resolution to this enforced 'dry period' (in diving at least ;) ) with the same steely determination as you would if you had heard that Scotland was now to be know, by EU decree, as 'Northern England'; Neeps-n-Tatties were to be called 'slurry'; square sausage was to be outlawed and called 'French Tarmac', and that Robert Burns had been decleared the poet of choice for 'Kiddy Fiddlers' in Belgium!!

Where's your resolve now son?? I know you can do it mate. Anyone with your passion for this shared and much beloved passtime of ours can get over this unfortunate hiccup!

Take care mate.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

OK Pete I'll sacrifice myself for you. I'm coming up to Glasgow next week to take you by the scruff of the twin-set and drag you screaming down to Stoney for a 6m bimble in near zero viz followed by several drinks in the bar, which you are paying for. Still want to dive?
Chin-up its bleeding snowing here so I cant dive even if I wanted to.
;-)
Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Imported post

Pete

No advice, just a story from my life experience as a parent, take from it what you will. When my eldest child was 18 months old he had a febrile convulsion. It was horrible and both his mother and I were totally unprepared to deal with it. We got him to the local hospital as quickly as possible. The total helplessness I felt as I watched my boy lying on that hospital bed I have never forgotten. My irrational fear was that I had lost forever my vibrant, energetic 18 month old. But he recovered with the correct treatment with no lasting effects other than a predisposition towards these fits. He had only ever had one more as a young child which we were totally prepared to deal with. My third child experienced one which I was able to deal with on my own.

DCS and febrile convulsions broadly share some similarities. We learnt how to deal with the febrile convulsions and what steps to take to minimise the chances of it affecting one of our children again. More than once we have been able to pass this basic but useful information to young parents unfamiliar as we were with the effects and consequences of febrile convulsions.

Tunnels by design have both an entrance and an exit.  HTH.

Regards

PMT  

·
Registered
186 Posts
Imported post

Pete, I wouldn't want you to rush into something that was medically unsound. Get some medical advice about sub 9m dives, according to the Royal naval tables its a no limit area.  Also talk to Aberdeen about diving new limits with nitrox.  Theres a lot of good diving in 3-5m that we ignore. If its okay then we can poddle around Portencross, Red rocks or the sandy bays we don't normally dive, maybe go razor clam diving or golf ball grabbing down Maidens, for some time I have wanted to go bottle collecting on old piers and moorings like Kilgreggan and Rosneath.  Most of us could learn a great deal about underwater orientation and buoyancy control carrying out searches doing shallow diving.  If you need something a little more exciting there's also river drift diving which has a host of new techniques to learn.  So its not deep but there's plenty of life and interest in shallow water and if you need a buddy I am just as happy to dive there.  If using the cylinder is not on, ask about snorkelling, in the 60's the cost of the gear was prohibative and I had lots of fun snorkelling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts