YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I`ve noticed that my MDE manifold can turn a bit (cross section between the 2 tanks that has the isolater valve)- not so much on full tanks but moves with a little effort when they are nearly MT. Is this normal or is something working loose??

More to the point - is this dangerous???

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Have you tried tightening the manifold a bit? The nuts may have worked loose a bit, but shouldn't have to be too tight. The pressure will most likely hold it tight when it's pressurised, which is why you can turn it when they're empty.

Have a play, see what happens.

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

I`ve checked the nuts and they are all tight. Is it normal for the cross section to be able to turn a little??

You are right, when full I cant move the manifold BUT am worried that if it can turn when at low pressures this may signify a fault

Anyone else come across this???

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Err no, open it up replace the O rings, give it a good clean and do it up again.

Andrew

A quick thought, depends what you mean by a little effort, but if it does move you are wearing away the O rings, so it really should not. I can get hold of mine with empty tanks and pull with all my might and I can just get the impression that it might have moved.

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Does amyone have a link or phone number where I can get some new o-rings for the MDE manifold??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kirky @ Aug. 28 2003,20:13)]Does amyone have a link or phone number where I can get some new o-rings for the MDE manifold??
If it's the same model as mine, then the manifold is a standard DIN fitting so it should be the same O-rings.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

I can get O-rngs for an MDE manifold. Is it just a standard manifold? No problems. PM me if you need me to get them. Your LDS should be able to sort this, surely?

Wednesday is the last time I'll be able to get them for a couple of weeks, so PM soon if it's urgent.

Digs.

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Imported post

Hiya again

Thanks for the offer Tim - I will pm you. Its not urgent, I have no leaks etc its just that i noticed the manifold moving when low on air and anything out of the ordinary makes me nervous.

ras - thanks for the feeedback (and the dive last sat - wasn`t Eccy "charactor building" particularly in the sump)

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

And who's Tim? Sorry, forgot to ask in the PM?

Oh, just a sec. Maybe there's some confusion with Tim Digger from Handbagnet. I'm a different fella.

But I won't hold that against you. For long!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kirky @ Sep. 01 2003,21:19)]ras - thanks for the feeedback (and the dive last sat - wasn`t Eccy "charactor building" particularly in the sump)
That's one way of putting it.  Good job I didn't need to check any guages in the couple of minutes we were down there.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Could be worse - they could've thought you were Digs from UKRS.

And she'd probably have been offended by that as well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts