YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the guy's almost ready for his bus pass (well he's 59 anyway!) but I went to see him last night at the NEC. He was on stage for 2hrs and 20mins with only a 5 minute break. The gig was a fantastic mix of old and new stuff with some great showmanship coupled with a fantastic light show with pyrotechnics!

The warm up artist was Marion Raven who has a great voice and she also duets with Meat Loaf on "Its All Coming Back To Me Now" which was fantastic live.

(Sorry, I've just realised I seem to have a fixation with the word fantastic:embarassed: )

The hall was packed and the atmosphere was er fantastic when they played "Bat Out Of Hell"

Of course the sound and pureness of voice is not the same live as it is on recorded material but thats one of the beautys of live music.

One of the best gigs i've been too in ages!

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it.

I was v/impressed when Bat out of Hell was released but .......... I dunno .............. I seem to have lost interest in ML. It may date back to him being on the bill at ............... Knebworth (I think) and he was bloody awful. I believe I he was going through a rough period at the time (as seen on a documentary a few years back).

·
Add Water To Activate
1,433 Posts
Ok, so the guy's almost ready for his bus pass (well he's 59 anyway!) but I went to see him last night at the NEC. He was on stage for 2hrs and 20mins with only a 5 minute break. The gig was a fantastic mix of old and new stuff with some great showmanship coupled with a fantastic light show with pyrotechnics!
I was there Saturday night & I will say that I wasn't reallly looking forward to it, it was the 3rd concert of his Ive been to and didnt expect as many as the older tracks as he did. Have to admit it was one of the best. It was also the 1st time that us in the lower tiers were up & rocking:teeth:

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
We went to see him on Saturday in Manchester - superb show! Tier right next to the stage and the venue was packed...
Noticed he's back there in november... may to have book again.

Classics such as hot summer night, rock n roll dreams, life is a lemon and bat out of hell, anything for love. Think it was only 2 or 3 songs form the latest album - land of the pigs, still alive...

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think it was only 2 or 3 songs form the latest album - land of the pigs, still alive...
Hi Jo, We also got " If it ain't broke, Break it" "Bad For Good" and "It's All Coming Back To Me now" I'm also trying to remember if he performed "Seize The Night" as well as that was the title of the tour!

Manchester November? I can hear the credit card crying again!

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Did you throw your support briefs at him? ;) we tried for tickets ages ago and they were sold out [Mrs King cnut is a fan :)]

The Boy went to his first gig last night at Rock city :eek: to see some tea room performing group called 'funeral for a friend' :rolleyes:

Safe diving,
Steve

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you throw your support briefs at him? ;)

Safe diving,
Steve
I flicked them at him elastic band stylee as I had my Borats on:embarassed:

As for tickets, Monty has his faults but obtaining tickets isn't one of them;)

( No, not that Monty!)

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
:eek: eek indeed, that was brave of him (for both reasons ;))
tell me about it dining with the heathen...................and Goth ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can't stand him myself. Would rather listen to Scootch while someone pours boiling bleach into my eyes.
Bloody Hell Woz, I've heard some stuff in my time and I accept that the world would be boring if we all liked the same stuff but "SCOOTCH"!!!!!!:eek:mg:

·
Banned
53 Posts
haven't seen ML in 20 years - but nice to know that his great music still lives on - even if it is North of Watford Gap - :teeth:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts