Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Keep getting errors thrown back at me.
I'm cool with having a look at Portland or Lowestoft, never dived either.  What sort of diving are you doing at the moment?

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>I too have been trying to reply to a pm Rob sent me and getting errors, wierd!
Jules

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>Possibly a ghost poster !!!
Don’t know anybody that has met him.
Hasn’t answered anybody’s text messages.
Hasn’t turned up for trips he has booked, not only YD but Dnet as well.
Perhaps someone out there can vouch for him.
Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>he got in touch with me about a dip in devon over easter.

i told him exactly where and when we were going right down to the finest detail.

the next text i recieved asked me where we were going and what time to be there>

it was at this point i made a hasty tactical withdrawl from any future dealings.

regards

mark

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

Weird.  No PM response here either. I'm due to dive with him soon, arranged by text.  Might need to speak to the bloke first in that case...

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

Mdemon. He's supposed to be in our neck of the woods the last weekend in july, I've had a couple of texts from him to arrange a dive in Plymouth or Dartmouth.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Imported post

Seemed like a prolific diver - if he exsists !

Has anyone actually ever seen him ?

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DougParker @ June 22 2003,09:18)]Mdemon. He's supposed to be in our neck of the woods the last weekend in july, I've had a couple of texts from him to arrange a dive in Plymouth or Dartmouth.
Hmm, me too. I'll just be careful in light of these comments.

Adrian

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]My club (Exeter BSAC) uses Hope Cove to launch on some of our dives - Persier/Maine for instance. If there is space, you would be welcome. Non-branch members pay £10 for first dive, £2 for a second if we get one;-)

HT on Sunday 20th July is 11.10 BST, slack for Maine (35m) is 2 hour after. The Persier (30m) does not need a slack. If I can get members to go out early enough, if would do one group on the Persier, back to Hope by 12 to swap and have the Maine shot down by 12.45, tight timing though.

Of course all this is subject to weather, and also the willingness of others to go along with it!
Doug

Above is what I sent to Rob. This really depeds on if we go to Hope Cove at all that weekend. You would of course be welcome as a guest, but we do put members first.

Adrian

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

Cheers for the offer. But after my bend in November and PFO test last month, I'm severly restricted with the type and depths of dives i do until i've had the op. 25m is maximum and shore diving is a safer, slower ascent profile.  I do Hope cove as a shore dive anyway so i'll keep an eye out for you and pop over and say hello.

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

A quick note,

My m8 Alex has dived with him last week, so he is out there,

Andrew

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Andy

Did Alex drop a hint to ROBERT about the cash he owes you for Swanage then?  If he ever appears back on here I reckon any offers of dives must be taken with cash up front from the guy.

Cheeky get...

Lou

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Doug

Andy kindly paid for the whole boat charter counting on filling it.  Robert took a place and then never paid up front or showed up, hence Andy got lumbered.

I doubt anyone would fall for Robert asking for a place on a boat again....certainly no-one who was at Swanage anyway.

Lou

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

All you have to do in that case is slag him off to everyone, every chance you get.  In the end they will either pay up or pee off.  You wouldn't believe how loud you can shout to another boat that they have a welcher in their midst and how embarrassed they get.  It works for us, but we end up losing friends over it.  Now we arrange so that it's first with the money gets the space and latecomers miss out.  No money=no dive.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.