YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Metal dry glove ring system: Kubi OR Stief OR ?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Silty Bottom 
#1 ·
Hi guys.

I am looking for a dry glove system with metal rings, to replace my old SI Tech's. I came across two manufacturers: Kubi and Stief. Has anyone seen both, to say which one looks better quality? They are similarly priced.
Any other metal systems I should consider?

Cheers,
The Scubademon

#3 ·
I have only been using SiTech w/QCS for a very short period but why are you considering metal system. The plastic system will take a substantial impact before it smashes.

#4 ·
I've had my kubi gloves since sept and love them.
The cotton inner gloves are ok for summer but a bit chilly for colder environments, but a cheap pair of fleeced gloves sorted that out.
I used mine on my trimix course, we had to do an ascent from 20m with 1 diver wearing a black out mask wher pe the buddy controls his ascent. I was the diver unable to see and ascended from 20m with one hand above they head. As the air expanded and filled the glove it still remained firmly in place.
I'm very pleased with mine.

#6 ·
I have used SI Tech for years, sold a lot of them, too, but had problems with the manufacturer (regarding spares, warranties and other issues). The metal systems are much narrower/smaller. I thought they might be an alternative to the bulky plastic ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.