YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Word for doing invoices .I have a master invoice but if I have :-

JOE BLOGS

Address of customer

item
price
vat
total

If I then type in the address everything below it moves ,likewise if I start typing the price in everything below moves :angry:
Is there any way or settings so that the master format can be kept & you then just add in the bits you want without it moving ? This is doing my head in at the moment ,please help :cry:
TIA

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
You could create a table for the address with 1 column and say 5 lines.
Change the border to "none" and when keying just tab down rather than pressing enter.
This is a very low key solution and no doubt one of the many IT guys will offer a more elegant suggestion :)

PS I hate Word - it is never straightforward.

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
You can create a form in word and lock the rest of the document for editing so you can only type in the grey boxes.

Personally I'd ditch it and use Excel at the very least. Does al your addy ups for you and you can even get it to autonumber the invoices if you are clever.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
If you want to be really fancy don't bother with Excel but go straight to Access. But I don't think that you're not really asking that...

Either create a form as Woz says, a table with a big multiline box for long addresses as Richie says or you could dabble with Mail Merging if you have a lot of invoices.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
733 Posts
Why not just press the <Insert> key? That should turn off insert, which means you will over-type instead.

hth

cheers,
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts