YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Right, I was saving holiday for a jaunt out to the Red Sea which is now not going to happen.  Given that I don't have any weekend pass-outs until after Xmas I wanna dive during the week - preferably Thurs / Fridays - throughout Dec.

Anybody available?  Can do St Abbs, North West, Lakes etc.

Actually, could also do Stoney

(Edited by Timing at 2:54 pm on Nov. 27, 2002)

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

If there is enough notice and a definite date I'll go. Am near Leeds so anywhere will do, if its St Abbs might I suggest two days?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Ok guys,

how does next Thurs / Fri grab you all.  We can decide on venue nearer the time once we know what the weather is going to be like - unless anybody has any particular suggestions?  I'd prefer the sea somewhere but am happy to do inland.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

Alas brothers, I would love to join you, but HMG has other ideas. Just to say ring Scoutscroft before you consider the Abbster, it's been undiveable quite a lot recently I hear.

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Timing
I have been warned that I have to work Thursday next. How about later in the month?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Hi Lou,

Good one.  If we can find one other then we could do a 4-some.  If not, rather not do a 3.

Anybody out there up for next weds?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Woud offer Abbs up for a Friday but.....

Rattray Head to Berwick on Tweed.

24 hour forecast:
Wind: south 5 or 6 locally 4 soon veering west 3 or 4, later northwest to north 4 or 5 perhaps 5 to 6 at times.
Weather: rain for a time at first, mainly fair later.
Visibility: moderate becoming good.
Sea State: moderate to rough.
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: northwest to north 4 or 5 becoming variable 2 or 3, later east to southeast 4 or 5.
Weather: mainly fair with isolated showers.
Visibility: mainly good.
Sea State: moderate to rough decaying moderate.

Diving with a BWS of 4-5 is not my idea of fun......

Drat.

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Yea I keep my eye on the St Abbs forecasts just in case, and Oban and Anglesey and..

Weather's just not playing ball at the mo.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Would offer to meet at Wast but a 450 mile round trip does not really appeal - sorry, I'm a wuss

PS D'you know YD is linked from the St. Abbs Community Webpage? Guess Willo has been spreading himself around

Gav - what about Si and Jay's quarry?

(Edited by Driftwood at 1:46 pm on Dec. 4, 2002)

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Yeah, I'm with you on the three Tim, but if you can get A.N.Other then it'd be great.

Someone must be able to get next Wednesday off......

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

The quarry is out unless Si and Jason are there. If they are there then nae bother usually.

Bunch of wimps anyway - Abbs was great on Saturday  - force 5 and 2m swells - real diving - not that I'd wanna do more then one dive in it!!!!

If you're looking for a halfway house I'd think about Ellerton. 2 and bit hours from Edinburgh, 10m deep? Just a thought. If the guys wanna come north then Loch Fyne's always divable-ish

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Hey Gav,  where exactly is Loch Fyne.  Read a review of the place on a mag a while ago and I wouldn't getting a glimpse of those wee dogfish - WOOF!

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Lou on 4:26 pm on Dec. 4, 2002
My Gavin, what a long one!

It's shoved you all over to one side.....
<span =''>

The story of my life !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts