YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Snap Happy
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Right, I was saving holiday for a jaunt out to the Red Sea which is now not going to happen.  Given that I don't have any weekend pass-outs until after Xmas I wanna dive during the week - preferably Thurs / Fridays - throughout Dec.

Anybody available?  Can do St Abbs, North West, Lakes etc.

Actually, could also do Stoney

(Edited by Timing at 2:54 pm on Nov. 27, 2002)

· Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
171 Posts
Imported post

If there is enough notice and a definite date I'll go. Am near Leeds so anywhere will do, if its St Abbs might I suggest two days?

· Snap Happy
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Ok guys,

how does next Thurs / Fri grab you all.  We can decide on venue nearer the time once we know what the weather is going to be like - unless anybody has any particular suggestions?  I'd prefer the sea somewhere but am happy to do inland.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Imported post

Woud offer Abbs up for a Friday but.....

Rattray Head to Berwick on Tweed.

24 hour forecast:
Wind: south 5 or 6 locally 4 soon veering west 3 or 4, later northwest to north 4 or 5 perhaps 5 to 6 at times.
Weather: rain for a time at first, mainly fair later.
Visibility: moderate becoming good.
Sea State: moderate to rough.
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: northwest to north 4 or 5 becoming variable 2 or 3, later east to southeast 4 or 5.
Weather: mainly fair with isolated showers.
Visibility: mainly good.
Sea State: moderate to rough decaying moderate.

Diving with a BWS of 4-5 is not my idea of fun......

Drat.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Imported post

Would offer to meet at Wast but a 450 mile round trip does not really appeal - sorry, I'm a wuss

PS D'you know YD is linked from the St. Abbs Community Webpage? Guess Willo has been spreading himself around

Gav - what about Si and Jay's quarry?

(Edited by Driftwood at 1:46 pm on Dec. 4, 2002)

1,770 Posts
Imported post

The quarry is out unless Si and Jason are there. If they are there then nae bother usually.

Bunch of wimps anyway - Abbs was great on Saturday  - force 5 and 2m swells - real diving - not that I'd wanna do more then one dive in it!!!!

If you're looking for a halfway house I'd think about Ellerton. 2 and bit hours from Edinburgh, 10m deep? Just a thought. If the guys wanna come north then Loch Fyne's always divable-ish

1,770 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Lou on 4:26 pm on Dec. 4, 2002
My Gavin, what a long one!

It's shoved you all over to one side.....
<span =''>

The story of my life !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.