YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Guys

In anticipation of Howard the Diving Dude guesting with Canterbury Divers i thought it best to get them in the sea and sorted out on Sat.

So Sat morning we did the Strathclyde a top "Booty" wreck just outside Dover sitting 10m proud in 30m on the Seacat route. 8m vis and we were swiming through walls of fish and many had good dives, mine however was cut short, but thats Diving Strathclyde

In the afternoon we did HMS Weigalia, an Armed Trawler from the awesome Dover Patrol of WW1, afterall they have given us so many subs to dive. A good dive standing 5m proud in 30m. Caught 3 lobsters, but let 2 go as they were female in berry, 8m vis and tons of fish.

On Sunday we were joined by Howard so had a mini YD gig, if anyone can describe me and Howard as small. On a flat calm sea we dived the Lucitania, a very large WW1 wreck carrying general cargo, who hit a mine and sank trying to rescue survivers of the Hospital Ship Anglia, which lies nearbye. We had 8-10m Vis on this huge wreck which sits 8m proud in 30m.

Howard provided the laughs as he tried to re-master getting into a rib at the end of a dive.

In the afternoon we went out to do the Othello 2, but i had "bloody condensation in the GPS screen" and could not find it so we went to the Loanda, a trade ship full of Booty standing 5m poud in 24m, which we shotted and dived despite the forcasted F 2-3 becoming F6-7, or the others dived, i practiced for a part in Perfect Storm 2 as the bald, fat, cox'n who keeps the lack of fuel secret from the crew. Howard again provided the entertainment getting back into the Rhib in some rather large seas.

On monday as we had such good weather we put together a quick trip off Herne Bay, and had a very good cruise amoungst the sealife trying to master identification following many of our Seasearch course.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Decided to impose myself on Paul and his gang on Sunday and had a great day.
First dive- Lusitania - dead flat sea vis 6-7 mtrs down from Pauls 10mtrs (his was the first pair down).

Second dive, 2 to 3 mtr swell, very rough sea, 2-3 mtr vis, but still good fun.

As l was leaping into the RIB l wondered where the diver lift was? it must have been left it in the club store.

l am looking forward to imposing myself on the Canterbury massive again pretty soon.

Paul l`m going to Matla from 24th June to 8th of June then l`ve got four weekends before Scapa, so if you can put up with me??....

Thanks again.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Howard

Your welcome back mate, just give me a ring, next time we will try to make less of a pigs ear of getting the boat out of the water.

Regards

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts