YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Just for a bit of fun has anyone tried using a small  mirror underwater to see whats above and behind  you ??

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>yes...............i use my vr3 screen.
when held at a certain angle fairly close to my face it becomes a mirror and i use it for checking my breather t'pieces etc for leaks.
not actually taken a mirror with me.............

cheers
barrie

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Regularly take a mirror to do solo bubble checks.

Believe it or not, I got it in a christmas cracker!

Stu.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I of course take one to aid with underwater lipstick application

·
Stability - in an ever spinning world
1,080 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>i use one of them little wide angle mirrors that you stick  on a car wing mirror with the plastic removed and put on the back of my mits so i can check on my bud when he's out of my vison and it's great to see whats going with my rebreather..it's good for a bud to tell you have bubbles but its better to see them youself,
found the wide angle works best

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Mirror as in car use-something to hang the air freshener on perhaps?
Fog lights fitted to my fins seem a better investment
Does anyone have a dpv (scooter) fitted with mirrors?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I did have a look in a mirror underwater at myself once, but it was still attatched to a lorry at the time. If you use a CD, you can use it to signal to helicopters and stuff too if you get stranded.

Oh, and if you want it to last more than a week, get a metla mirror from a camping shop. They won't break, but bend. And they're about a pound. Easy to use, and not perfect, but more than good enough for a bubble check or to see behind etc.

Digs.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

My Cressi Horizon is like a Big Eyes with side windows.  These are great since you get a partial reflection of your buddy too!

A metal mirror is a nice idea - both for bubble checks and for signalling.  

·
"That's NOT my avatar! It's film of me AFTER I was
528 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>When ascending and looking at my Vyper I can see the bubbles coming from my auto dump which is very reasuring. Mirrors should be mandatory at stoney on some people, I've lost count the amount of times I've been bumped or kicked underwater, some people just blindly swim backwards into things/people!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts