·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

From today's Plymouth Evening Herald:

" DIVER WAS NOT FOUND

12:00 - 24 March 2003

Eddystone: The search for a missing diver has been called off. The man was reported missing just after 1pm yesterday by the dive boat Cee King after he failed to surface. He was last seen by his dive buddy six metres below the surface at a decompression stop.

He was seen to convulse and sink, and his buddy was unable to reach him.

Four other boats joined in the search, along with a helicopter from RNAS Culdrose, the Plymouth lifeboat and passing vessels.

His buddy was taken to Derriford Hospital suffering from shock."

Or visit the URL:

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/display....4798758

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

DIVER LOST AFTER 55M WRECK DIVE

A man in his 30's was reported missing on Sunday 23 March after diving on the wreck of the Medoc out of Plymouth.

Charter boat Cee King contacted Brixham coastguard and reported the man missing after his buddy surfaced in distress.

The lost diver appears to have been using mixed gas to dive the 55m wreck and had reportedly switched onto 100% oxygen for his final decompression stop when he was seen to convulse and sink rapidly.

The diver and his buddy had not returned to the shotline with the rest of the group, but were decompressing on surface marker buoys when the incident occured. Local dive boats and clubs joined in the search for the lost diver while his buddy was taken to DDRC.

The fatality is the first UK diving death of 2003.

Divernet - 25 March 2003

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I have herd through the grape vine that this chap was experimenting with the O2 window and that may be the cause of the event. However I have also herd he dived the DIR system of stages on the left and was carrying two deco mixes. Sounds more like the wrong mix at the wrong time.  

I dont like two deco rich mixes on the same side and I dont care what the DIR boys say about, Oh he should have traced the hose back to the pot. Leen left rich right is a far more simple / reliable method IMHO.

A tragic loss of life and my simpathies go to all his freinds and family.

Mark Chase

1 - 4 of 4 Posts