YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering getting a portable air conditioner and there are loads on ebay and the figures they quote don't mean much at the moment so does anyone have any recommendations?

I would like energy efficient and I'm not looking to coat the insides of the windows with ice.

I have a tiny little bungalow so would probably just want a gentle waft of cold air?

Any advice on good makes etc etc will be gratefuly received.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi Finless

I have one sitting in my garage that was used during part of the summer of 2005. I seem to recall it's got quite a good energy rating. It's about 3.5 - 4' high, if it's of any interest, seeing as we're not too far away from each other?

Cheers

Gav

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi Finless

I have one sitting in my garage that was used during part of the summer of 2005. I seem to recall it's got quite a good energy rating. It's about 3.5 - 4' high, if it's of any interest, seeing as we're not too far away from each other?

Cheers

Gav
Sounds a bit big for my tiny little place ............ given the predicted hot summer won't you still need it? 'Global warming' and all that! :)

Wait a minute ......... do you know something I don't ......... you do don't you? I'll bet we'll get an ice age instead?

:)

·
Registered
666 Posts
I now work in an office that has full air con and sealed windows! (It may be cool but it's not "fresh" is it? :frown: So apart from looking forwards to a nice warm summer with calm seas (could they have been any calmer yesterday?!!) it'll sit in my garage.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I now work in an office that has full air con and sealed windows! (It may be cool but it's not "fresh" is it? :frown: So apart from looking forwards to a nice warm summer with calm seas (could they have been any calmer yesterday?!!) it'll sit in my garage.
Just in case, pls feel free to PM me the blurb and required price for me to ponder ......... or post, as/if you see fit to do so.

Tks.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
We just had four delivered in the office.
One failed straight out of the box.
One is already making funny noises.

We have a company who service them and do the warranty work.

Not from ebay yet I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts