YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my grandad to the Motor Neurone Disease and ever since I have wnated to complete a charity event to raise money for the MND Association in his memory. This year I finally gained a place in the public ballot to run the London Marathon on April 25th, 2010 and immediately contacted the Motor Neurone Disease Association to run on their behalf. I am now using this event to raise as much awareness and money for the Motor Nuerone Disese Association as I can. If you would like to make a donation to the MND Association by sponsoring my marathon event, please visit my Justgiving page address:

Justgiving.com/James-Bamford

Many thanks for any support which will raise awareness and money to fight this awful disease

·
Registered
585 Posts
James,
Wow - you're so brave!! I ran a race for the Motor Neurone Disease Association last year, but that was only a 10k and I found that hard - to commit to the marathon is amazing and I really admire you for it.
I also lost my dad to MND 6 years ago - it's a truly awful disease and the MNDA really need help to raise funds for research and awareness. They are an excellent charity and really helped my dad and my family with various things while he was suffering.
I hope the training is going well, and good luck for the big day. I really hope you manage to raise loads of sponsorship for such a good cause.

Thanks,

Sarah

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for your donation to MNDA through my Justgiving page. Are you or anyone else involved in other fundraising activites for MNDA? I want to continue engaging in activities after the marathon to raise more awareness and donations to fight this devastating disease.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi James,

You're more than welcome. I'm not involved with anything at the moment. People were incredibly generous when I did my 10k last year - I raised just over £1k (I think people were really convinced that I'd never do it he he!!), but I don't like asking for sponsorship too often and did a half marathon for Help for Heroes with work as a corporate team last month as well. I'm sure I will be getting involved in more MNDA events in the future, so if I do I'll let you know. Some of them look incredible - most of them are advertised in their Thumbprint newsletter I think, if you receive that.

Sarah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts