YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we formed YD a year ago (almost!), it was hard to guage how it would grow and develop and so, like many small organisations we tweaked our processes as and when needs dictated. However, we have reached a point where a little consolidation needs to take place and I felt that the area that most needed looked at was that of the moderators, how they are appointed and what is expected from them. It has been decided to reduce the number of active moderators down to 5 with immediate effect - the rationale being that whenever a consensus is required from the moderators, 5 is an ideal number to get a quick and fair decision. The 5 moderators are:

Heads Up, Andy2tanx, Dalesdiver, Dave Williamson and Bren Tierney.

The rationale behind these is:

Andy and I own and run YD so naturally we wish to retain some control!!
Andy Hayhurst is easily the most qualified diver on the board
Dave and Bren have, between them, been the best ambassadors for the site and have helped recruit a large percentage of the members between them.

My thanks to the other moderators who have helped with YD over the past 11 months and made it the success it is today.

Regards

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

I'd just like to add.....

Long may that success continue.

CONGRATULATIONS Bren Tierney on your new official role

Eddie, hope you keep up the "foreign" influence
Scubababe, lets have the female perspective on things
Ammers, looking foward to solo-diving reports on your latest "muddy hole"

PS Davey, Bren - please be nice to me..... :whip:

(Edited by Driftwood at 5:58 pm on Oct. 15, 2002)

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Bren - Congrats on being made a moderator.  There's nothing else for it, I will HAVE to open a bottle of champagne this weekend.  Dearie me, the things I have to do...
:party2:  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Oh well if you're doing it , guess i had better too, you know what they say about drinking alone:boozer:

Congrats Bren, yes indeed you have done a lot to increase the membership, myself being one of them

Regards
Steve W
BTW I'm planning to be at Deep Sea World near edinburgh this weekend, apparently you can do dives in the shark tank for either 55 or 85 quid, would make an interesting (if expensive) YD Day trip.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Stevie,

We've had a look at this type of gig but from this end, in Runcorn (The Blue Planet Aquarium). We had mixed feelings on it as you only dive in the mind-stoppingly scary depth of 4 metres and only got half an hour tops in the drink.

I'm not saying that Edinb-e-r-g will be the same, so yes please check it out and post your finding here mate - might make a nice little sojourn up the A1 for the troop to combine with a 'let's go and meet the Scottish contingent on their own turf' YD raiding party, what?

Cheers in advance and hope you enjoy the weekend.

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Sounds like a fine Idea.

Whilst there we can re-ignite the old debate "Whiskey or Whisky - which is the ultimate toe-tickler?"

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Great!! Top Drawer!!!

Our inaugural YD Celtic Ruck!!!

In this, although I'm from bog-trotting stock miself, I will have to nail my colours firmly to the fence as I find both tipples nectar and my spiritual home is Glasgow.

Let the Games commence!! I shall, of course, be awarding points for body blows of artistic interpretation, imaginative use of weapons and the strategic deployment of caustic and vitriolic putdowns.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Overheard in an Edinburgh bar (howff)

Loud American comes in orders a beer and starts talking to some of the locals. After a few minutes chat he says to one of them.

"I really like you Scotch people."

The Scottish guy puts down his drink and looks at the Yank.

"I'm SCOTS no SCOTCH if I was SCOTCH I wouldnae be here I'd be at hame drinking mae ane PISH."

Quite a conversation killer!

So it's whisky for the true believer

Gavin - member of The Scottish Malt Whisky Society since 1999.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Have to admit, even as the holder of an Eirean passport, I prefer the scottish version of the nectar, as there are far more varieties to choose from: Laphroig mmmmm...., 17 year old Ardberg double Mmmmmmmmmmm.....
Hic!

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Belated congrats Bren !!

By the way - are you based in Runcorn ?? - if so theres got to be a pint sorted !!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey John,

Be indubitably rude not to sir!! Indeed, there's got be a pint sorted anyway, regardless of the locale!! I'm in Middleton, near Rochdale/Manchester (junction 19 off the M62) and you're about 30 mins from my gaff if you're Runcorn way. We must do Devil's Bridge too - Night Dive, when it's chugging at 9-knots!! Do I hear any advance on me and Kirky - or are ya all yella??

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Ruddy #### Bren, your practically my neighbour..
Im over the over side of Rochdale on the moor in Walsden.

Give us a shout sometime if you fancy a dive at short notice!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

We must do Devil's Bridge too - Night Dive, when it's chugging at 9-knots!! Do I hear any advance on me and Kirky - or are ya all yella??

Yella!! who you calling yella?? Count me in on that little ride Brensta.. sounds like fun, so don't talk about it.. arrange it.... :thumb:

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

But your not real men, and I mean this, unless you do a striding leap of the top off the bridge, down into the river below.
River diving mixed with Cliff Diving, go on.....

PS i`ll video tape it for Youve been framed and Jackass!

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

Ben,if you fancy that sort of thing we should do Beesley Falls near Ingleton,it's not much of a dive to be honest altough it's good under the waterfall in the top pool.Afterwards though you get to slide down the various waterfalls and jump off some pretty good(high)rock formations!Will have to get my Missus trained up however as she's virtually put a halt to me doing anything else till she can join in too.Doh!

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

I was up in the area a few weeks ago,at Bernie's Caff I noticed that they actually advertise canyoning days doing the same route!You used to get to the spot by driving onto the Farm/campsite,we'd pay a nominal fee and then park actually on the campsite(ie.field) adjacent to the path and top pool.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts