YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

Has anyone been on Monsoon TonyBTravel in the Maldives? im thinking of booking a week over the xmas holidays and wondered what it was like?

Do the toilets flush? is the food OK? And most important is the diving good end of Dec?

Cheers H

·
I provide much-needed sarcasm.
4,099 Posts
hi

Has anyone been on Monsoon TonyBTravel in the Maldives? im thinking of booking a week over the xmas holidays and wondered what it was like?

Do the toilets flush? is the food OK? And most important is the diving good end of Dec?

Cheers H
No idea what the boat's like, but don't go early December. It has this habit of chucking it down with rain 24 hours a day. Tends to clear up about the 12th. The change is miraculous.

Diving's fine all the year round in the Maldives. The Mantas move with the plankton, but a liveaboard should be able to find them.

Jason

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
hi

Cheers H
Don't know about the boat, but the guides are Joe & Karin (used to be on Hurricane), they really are top people - I'd go just because they are there!

I think Monsoon is the sister ship to Hurricane, so you shouldn't really have man problems with the toilets (but, hey it is still a boat!)

Pete

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info - don't fancy 24 hours rain so I'll leave it to late Dec. And I think you are right Monsoon is the sister to Hurricane.

Off diving to West Wales tomorrow getting some needed practice in for the Flow in a couple of weeks time.

Then I'll plan the Christmas holiday. Mhhhmmm. Probably will be the Maldives and probably will be a livaboard. Although I have'nt been on a livaboard before, so am thinking of going on one with some comfort - I'm not a wooz though!!!

Cheers H

·
Tinkering and a plethora of other pursuits...
881 Posts
It looks superb. I was on MY Sharifa recently which was very nice: Monsoon looks flasher but maybe a bit smaller.
S.

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
It looks superb. I was on MY Sharifa recently which was very nice: Monsoon looks flasher but maybe a bit smaller.
S.
Sharifa is built on a local dhoni hull. Monsoon is HUGE by comparison and is classified as a ship. Monsoon was sailed to the Maldives across the Indian Ocean from Egypt. I wouldn’t want to be on a dhoni in bad weather between atolls!.

·
Tinkering and a plethora of other pursuits...
881 Posts
Sharifa is built on a local dhoni hull. Monsoon is HUGE by comparison and is classified as a ship. Monsoon was sailed to the Maldives across the Indian Ocean from Egypt. I wouldn’t want to be on a dhoni in bad weather between atolls!.
I stand corrected. But Sharifa is 33m and was rock solid!
S.

·
Wreck, reef and muff diver.
118 Posts
Not been on the Monsoon, but it's definitely on my "to do" list. The Monsoon is one of the Tornado Marine Fleet vessels and is the sister ship to the Hurricane. Looking at the photos on the TMF website Red Sea Liveaboards For Your Diving Holiday In The Red Sea Egypt it will be on a par with, or better than, the Typhoon and Whirlwind boats. I have been on the Typhoon and they don't come more luxurious (well, except for the Royal Evolution), and yes, I am sure the bogs will flush :)

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
Every time Ayman Moussa builds a boat, he improves it over the last one!

·
It's not the winning, it's the taking part!
507 Posts
We're going on the Monsoon late September, we dived with Joe and Karin on the Hurricane last year and they were brilliant, so when they moved to the Monsoon it was a bonus. Looking at the pics of Monsoon she is virtually identical to Hurricane (I think they may have put some seating on the captains deck), so she be very comfortable!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.