YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I suppose it had to happen. Me and Monty had dinner last night, and he was very nice. There were 50-odd other people there too, but that's not the point.

Anyhow, as part of Monty's grand book tour he came along to see us at Nottingham Uni Sub Aqua Club last night, and was thoroughly nice through dinner, and then made a great speech afterwards, including details of his new book, Ocean Adventures.

Well, other than the fact I ended up punting my nose into a cashpoint (with some help from a couple of my mates, and dancing to crap dance music from the 90s, ripping my shirt off with teh guys when Baywatch came on, and going for lunch that was like trying to eat sand after a month in the desert, and nearly choking on a chocolate truffle I had stolen, it all went swimmingly.

Big thanks to MH who seems to have managed to be a TV celeb without being an arse. A rare thing in this day and age.

Oh, and buy his book. It's really quite good. Far better than Mark Ellyat's book, and I've only read the first 3 pages.

And now I have Monty's number. Can you ebay a mobile number? Oh, and Juz doesn't have Monty's number neither, because it's different to the one I got from him. :D

I believe Monty is still available to come and talk to your dive club, and it's well worth getting him along. If only to get him to write very silly things in the front of his book for you.

We seem to have also cast doubt on the sexuality issue as discussed recently, as Woz has a very interesting inscription in his copy :)

Digs.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does Howie know :D
He took it badly, but he will learn that we all have to move on. Besides he's been hanging around with those 2 other floozies for months, like I wasn't going to find out about that!

Digs.

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
Me and Monty had dinner last night, and he was very nice. And now I have Monty's number.so there is no doubt on the sexuality issue as discussed recently
Digs.
Digger, trophy boyfriend?:frown:

Dave

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I'd agree with Digger (strangely). Monty came and gave a talk about Ocean Adventures at our club as well - part of his book tour (which is well worth buying and reading) He is a very charistmatic guy who is very honest and straightforward.:)

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Big thanks to MH who seems to have managed to be a TV celeb without being an arse. A rare thing in this day and age.

Oh, and buy his book. It's really quite good. Far better than Mark Ellyat's book, and I've only read the first 3 pages.
Agreed. It is written in the same way that he talks - I really enjoyed it.
And now I have Monty's number.
So have I :)
We seem to have also cast doubt on the sexuality issue as discussed recently, as Woz has a very interesting inscription in his copy :)
He came to our club a couple of weeks ago, and everyone enjoyed it. Even those who pretend not to be impressed by someone who is a bit of a celeb.

He is taking the whole "YD /Monty is gay" quite well. However, he did show us a pic of his girlfriend. But yes, a thoroughly nice chap.
:)

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
I believe Monty is still available to come and talk to your dive club, and it's well worth getting him along. If only to get him to write very silly things in the front of his book for you.

Digs.

Monty will be strutting his stuff in a Montysexual sort of way in Leamington on Tuesday 22nd May. I'll post a proper thread about it in the next day or so. There is also a bar at the venue so you can sup whilst you listen to his Montyness.

Snash

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Can anyone let me know where he is going on his tour - could we get him along to my club???
Cosmo
You can email Caroline Holt, and she will either book him to come to your club, or I am sure she will let you know if he is coming close to you. For him to come to you, they ask for an audience of at least 20.

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Why don't you get him to go out there, Sue... all you will need to do is pay his expenses :D

:eek:mg: On what I get paid! I could do free bed and board! :angel: and a bit of diving thrown in too ;) Blimey, I never thought I'd miss Nottingham :(

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Well we told you he was a thoroughly good egg didn't we? And that he is totally straight. I got a very nice inscription in my book too!!!! Swoon :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts