YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took these today but annoyingly didn't have the camera square in the housing so the take photo button worked but i was unable to turn flash on or off, alter zoom or white balance. :(

Quality lost due to jpg compression too:

Can anyone ID the above fish? Scorpion fish? Angler fish? Very well disguised.

Vis about 4m taken at a site 25nm offshore. Plankton is starting to bloom everywhere.

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
I think that it is a Scorpion Fish.

2nd seal pic and lobster are good

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Excelent, The seel No2 is very good I likes the scorpian fish too that was a good spot.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
nice picks

always loved diving in pembs :teeth: It brings back fond memories :teeth:

·
Dedicated Lurker
934 Posts
Nice pictures, thanks for letting us in on them.

Isn't diving brilliant, we get to see such wonderful stuff!

Cheers

Lyvia

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pictures

They are great photo's of the seals am still waiting to dive with them.Where were you in pembroke St Brides / Martins Haven or stackpole Quay

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
They are great photo's of the seals am still waiting to dive with them.Where were you in pembroke St Brides / Martins Haven or stackpole Quay
Neither :)

I've dived with seals before off Skomer and the south side of Skokholm but the seals there are a little bit timid and not often to see them on a dive.
These were taken at "The Smalls", a little lump of rock and lighthouse about 25nm west of Skomer. The animals there presumably as they dont come across people or anything else are very very curious and pretty much guarantee them on a dive. Trouble is you need near perfect weather to cross that far in a RIB and safely dive there so its a once-a-year site often. Vis there usually 6-10m but was 4 or less yesterday due to plankton bloom starting to really show.

Just wishing id checked camera housing better so i could have used manual white balance, zoom and macro mode along with manual flash settings. That'll teach me....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts