YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Deary me! I've just realised since I got my 'pooter back I've got no anti-virus stuff. Can anyone recommend freebie downloads and can anyone point me to this spybot thingy? Any other help appreciated. I don't have a great deal of space on the machine for big fancy programmes!

Peter

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I can post you the norton antivirus CD that Sean so very nicely gave me.  Gives you a firewall etc.  PM me if you want it.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

My gf uses AVG, and it works just fine, so long as you keep up with the downloads, of course.

Me, I just don't bother

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Mar. 26 2004,12:45)]I can post you the norton antivirus CD that Sean so very nicely gave me.  Gives you a firewall etc.  PM me if you want it.
Which would, of course, be software piracy and a criminal offence and most definitely NOT condoned by Yorkshire Divers!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Mar. 26 2004,12:42)]Deary me! I've just realised since I got my 'pooter back I've got no anti-virus stuff. Can anyone recommend freebie downloads and can anyone point me to this spybot thingy? Any other help appreciated. I don't have a great deal of space on the machine for big fancy programmes!

Peter
spybot

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heads Up @ Mar. 26 2004,13:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Mar. 26 2004,12:45)]I can post you the norton antivirus CD that Sean so very nicely gave me.  Gives you a firewall etc.  PM me if you want it.
Which would, of course, be software piracy and a criminal offence and most definitely NOT condoned by Yorkshire Divers!
<font color='#000080'>You didnt see me, right.....

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heads Up @ Mar. 26 2004,13:27)]
[b said:
Of course one would never condone doggy software…  

Pete drop me a email and I MAY be able to point you in the correct direction with regards to the spy bot software..  And Helen or I could could advice you on how to purchase  
 a copy of Norton or I could  

Sean

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imported post

Thanks Chaps'n'Chicks,
I'd actually forgotten the guy that fixed the machine gave me an "original" copy of Norton System works 2000. I've just installed that and ran Spybot through. It picked up quite a few "wee bastards". He did also tell me though that the machine only has 2-3 months left before it does breathe it's last breath, so I'll probably just live with what I've got 'till I "need" to buy a shiny new one.

Peter

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>In that case add Mailwasher - a freebie, to your software and clean your emails at the ISP server rather than your own PC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts