YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Hi everyone,

I know quite  a few divers that ride, so here it is - do you ride, and if you do what is it?

I do, and it's a ZX6R

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Me too........... GSX 750 F

Will post a pic later , when i found how to reduce the size in Kb's

·
This is my happy face!!
2,640 Posts
Imported post

Yet another one!! Currently got a Blade, but likely to change soon. Bit of a cheat really... I work for Honda and get bikes on a lease plan. Can change bikes every 4 months if I want.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Imported post

Just sold my ZX6R-j2 to finance my diving purchases, but being tempted by the darkside of the 2004 R1......

·
Registered
246 Posts
Imported post

Had a bike but they dont make em anymore

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

l have a 1959 (same age as me) 650cc Triumph T110, which l bought in 1975
It is pre-unit with the instant whip single downtube frame (scarey cornering).
Rather stupidly decided to rebuild to as near to original as possible about ten years ago, then took up diving and work on bike stopped.
The bike is 75% complete and l am thinking of paying someone to finish the project.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

I had one a couple of years ago but sold it to buy my Westfield although I do have a hankering for another wee beastie. Something along the lines of an unfaired 1200 bandit or the new SV1000 which looks amazing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

You can actually combine the two...I sat on a motorbike on two occassions whilst diving...once in Manly Bay in Sydney and once on a WW2 wreck dive in micronesia.

Don't ask me the make or cc as I have absoultely no idea, but I'd imagine that they were both Japanese.

Cheers for now.

Graham

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

Enjoyed rebuilding and riding my BMW R100 RT, along with a Honda 250 Superdream Delux and a Suzuki A100.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Have a 89 GSX600F that's just failed it's MOT and is available for £500 as I don't have a garage to sort it out any more....

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

Got 2 meself   Yamaha XJ750 and an old Honda XR500
( Blasting up creek beds after the eternal double figure rainbow trout ).

But it is not surprising so many divers have bikes,
Are not most of us Adventure Junkies in one form or another..
I get just the same Buzz dumpin the air out of my BC as I do blasting down a motorway
or up a creek on two wheels

Just me thoughts
Steve

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Triumph Sprint ST 955i (2000 model) British racing Green.
Daily transport in to London, year round too, none of this girlie its too cold lark. Except I might put it away this year. Cant figure if its a girl or a bloke yet though, think its a bloke.
Needs a couple of boots - that'll be 240 quid, could get a twin 10 for that (nearly anyway).

Biked since I was 16 - too many miles to count anymore.
Suppose you get like that with dives too?

Matt

·
Registered
123 Posts
Imported post

Triumph Daytona 955i (Red - The fastest colour!)

Has any one ever riden to a dive site?
I reckon I could carry most of my gear (with the exception of my tank!)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Imported post

ZXR 750 L1 until some thieving Gypsy stole it last year!!! Probably on vacation somewhere in Poland now!
When I lived in London I did the commute every day on a GT550. Best bike I ever had because it was indestructible!
A mate of mine over here has the small Gold Wing (un-faired) and rides to dives. He straps the tank to the pillion seat and carries all his kit in a huge bag on his back! Mad as a box of frogs mind...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Imported post

Mines the same story as ancl, I had a ZX6R untill 2 months ago when it got sold off to finance the diving.  Currently tempted by the New ZX10R or a BWM GS1150 (jeez i'm gettin old !).

But, if the rumours that the AP Evolution will finally hit the shelves next year are true, it looks as though the bike may be put back on hold for the near future.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Just got rid of my Bandit 1200, case of having to downsize to be able to commute comfortably and it was getting a bit past it's sell by date - like me really. Ride all year round,  at least every day to work through rain, sleet or snow but don't do so much blatting at the weekend, too busy diving. Just got a Yam XT600 and its a lot of fun and easy in traffic.

Did my DM a few years ago while riding the Bandit and used to do 100+ mile round trip journey 2-3 nights a week for about 6 months. Huge Body Glove dive bag strapped on the back with full kit except for tanks.

Best bike I ever had was VFR 750F - it was so good someone nicked it - Happy memories of belting down to Le Mans and back  

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Sprint ST topbox will take a standard 232 Faber pony, diagonally, now where am I going to put the rest of my kit?

Matt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts