YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, been a biker for years, 28 years in fact. I currently have 3 bikes, a fast road bike, Suzuki GSXR1100K slingshot, original blue & white. Trail bike, Yamaha XT600 original red & white with gold wheels, kick start though. And a little cruiser, a Honda shadow, slow but good in the summer when the roads are busy.

I have 3 for different occasions/conditions, the biggest problem is I don't use any of them that much at all!!

I have been tempted by a KTM 640 super moto (been offered a 620 at a reasonable price) and have been thinking of selling all 3 bikes as I don't use them and get the KTM. I would just keep the XT, but it's a kick start and can be a PITA.

So what do the biking masses of YD think?

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
And the reason you couldn't have all 4 is? :teeth: :teeth:

Reactions: MATTBIN

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Is that one of those orange things with a hinge in the middle?

id flog all three and buy a mille.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I sold my bikes and bought a rebreather :eek:)

I was planning before to sell both sports bikes and get a Ktm so I would vote for that option.

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
I always ran a road bike and a trailie til the trailie got nicked. I really really miss it and have hung my nose over an XT350, DR350 and several imports for years, but never had the money. I used to have an XL250 and would never have parted with it since it was worth jack 2nd hand but was a fun ride.

The KTM is a cracking bike and that's for sure, but the issue (if you do some laneing) is tyres. Plus you fuck up your ride if you hit a tree or something in a moment of madness :D

Sell the Honda.

Chris

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Sell all three and get a new 1050 Tiger, supposed to be a cracking bike, get a spare set of wheels shod with off road tyres and the jobs done.

Matt
(er 2 Sprints, so I may be a "tad" biased towards Triumphs), I quite like the idea of 4 bikes though :)

·
Just A Diver - Nothing Special
478 Posts
Sell em all and buy my GPZ :)

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
I think if I don't get another Moto Guzzi soon I'm gonna get serious withdrawl symptoms. Griso 1100 Mmmmmmm......

·
10,679 Posts
We have 2 MG outside our office, build quality stinks, both are decaying as we speak.

Matt
That's because they are outside Matt. They are meanta to be inda italy inda sunshine. Widda nice seat cover :D

Chris

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
That's because they are outside Matt. They are meanta to be inda italy inda sunshine. Widda nice seat cover :D

Chris
I've seen Rossi ride like that, must be an Italian thing and I may be wrong but isnt that a Suzuki?

Matt
(she looks better, just!)

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
Gtreat idea, buy the rizla suzuki GSXR 1000 . . .not very fast.... cheap to insure and maintain....and get the girl that comes with it

Cheers

Adam

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
You want a nice BMW Scarver, you do. Perfect all round bike :)

Although my V-Strom is rather nice too...

G

·
I've seen Rossi ride like that, must be an Italian thing and I may be wrong but isnt that a Suzuki?

Matt
(she looks better, just!)
I think not! Chrisch you're in trouble now. That new Ducati is mine, mine, mine - I will never let you near it!

·
10,679 Posts
Huh?

There was a bike in there?

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The only reason I don't want 4 is that I don't ride any of them enough. I must admit the insurance for the 3 bikes is cheap (£143 a year for the 3) and road tax isn't expensive either.

I want a bike I can use whenever, something to keep in the front garden or on the road. 2 of the 3 I have. I have to keep garaged for insurance so they don't get used (my garage is 100 yards away too!)

And my other car is in the way (attached) and I ain't selling that.

4 would be nice though :D

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Get the ktm you'll have lots of fun. Short tank range:frown: offset buy big smile.:teeth: big single on open pipe sounds great.

·
bored
2,308 Posts
You have a gsxr 1100 K ?

Wasnt that the evil handling bastard that nobody liked?
If its in good nick it would be worth keeping for rarity value, most got rapidly trashed.
A mate actually fell off his at walking pace riding through town the day he picked his up, got chopped in for a 1000exup soon afterwards.
I have very fond memories of a mates Yoshimura kitted GSXR400R, probably the best bike I have ever ridden. More than capable of seeing off my lardy 900R.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts