YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a lovely day diving with some great people. What could be better than 7 sorted divers all happy to do their own thing with their cameras. sunshine, good vis, great company a well sorted boat with a skipper who knows what he's doing and Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

a few of my efforts below.

and does anyone know who's eggs these are? I think they might be seaq hare but I'm not sure.

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah and you managed to get those pics even though Mr Taylor was kicking up the viz. :D
He went the other way :D

Fantastic pics, what camera rig are you using?
The eggs belong to a nudibranch, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Also what is the vis like on the South Coast at the mo?
Cheers,

Simon
Canon G9 and variable. Neaps weekend and good weather helped today we had 7 to 8m

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
T'was a cracking day, apart from that photo making me look proper fat:(

As for the weather, I have Panda eyes from the sunglasses:)

I'll chuck a couple of my pics up later tonight, after Kimmeridge:D Still haven't opened the housing.

·
Is somewhere else!
4,728 Posts
Glad you all had a good day. Some nice pics Pete, I'm glad you captured this one.....

These eggs are still being layed. Thats the back end of the nudi laying them to the right.
I saw several in similar poses on the Aolian Sky the other week - took me a while to work out what I was looking at.
Nudi is a Sea Lemon (Archidoris Pseudoargus) .Apparently they live for only a year growing to some 9 or 10 cm, spawn around now and then die off

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
These eggs are still being layed. Thats the back end of the nudi laying them to the right.
Indeed! Can't believe you focussed on it and missed the sea lemon, Pete! Always need to look for them, mind, and exepct every bit of squish to be a sea lemon, then you will spot them. Look for the front and back wiffles (or gills and rhinophores if you want to be all technical ;)). I love them. Saw my first on the Doyle, in Scapa and have ben on a constant watch since then.

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Indeed! Can't believe you focussed on it and missed the sea lemon, Pete! Always need to look for them, mind, and exepct every bit of squish to be a sea lemon, then you will spot them. Look for the front and back wiffles (or gills and rhinophores if you want to be all technical ;)). I love them. Saw my first on the Doyle, in Scapa and have ben on a constant watch since then.
:embarassed:

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
OK, have had a chance to download my efforts. I'm not particularly happy with them, but, for the first time in the sea with an SLR, I am fairly content about where I am with them.

The day had a few firsts for me;
  • first UK RIB dive
  • first SLR dive
  • first UK sea dive since the bend
  • first UK Nudibranch
  • first time I met Di (Madfish)
  • I think it was also my longest dive, at 82 minutes:)

So, onto a few pics, all were shot with Nikon D90 & 60mm macro lens, single strobe.

Wrasse - not sure what type, Corkwing maybe?

Nudibranch - Flabellina

Nudibranch - Flabellina, same one, just a different angle

Dogfish (slightly cropped)

Blennie type thing (cropped, too flighty to get close with 60mm)

All in all a great day out, although some serious camera envy was occuring:)

Pete and I popped up to the shop after to settle up, and I met Di (Madfish) for the first time. She really is mad as a box of frogs, but couldn't have been more helpful, sorting out spare cylinders etc, shop was nice and busy as well, which is good to see.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.