YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever dived Mulberry Harbour?? If so, what is it like, is it easy to get to, worth the trip etc??

B x

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Try checking out these guys.
Wittering Divers::
Great dive and super for photography. The history of the mulbury harbours is fascinating.
There is a trip report in Lou's blog somewhere.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try checking out these guys.
Wittering Divers::
Great dive and super for photography. The history of the mulbury harbours is fascinating.
There is a trip report in Lou's blog somewhere.
Jane,

thanks for that.. I heard it was good for photo, but then you hear so much ... have you dived there, what sort of life??

B x

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Assuming you mean the one off the Sussex coast - it is worht it. I love it. Only about 10-12m deep, and only some concrete clocks albeit big ones, on a sandy bottom, but it is crammed with life. lots and lots of bib in shols, pollack, sea bass, ballan wrasse, cuckoo wrasse, cuttlefish and lumpsukcers at the right time of year, nudibranks, blennies, crabs and big lobbies (it is a voluntary no-take zone)...jewel anemones, the works. If you are thinking about it this weekend whilst the sun it out, do it!!! It should be lovely :D

there is a bit in my blog somewhere, as Jane said.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Hiya B,

It's a really loverly dive, max depth is about 10m from memory. Very, very relaxing - congers, crabs and lobbies, and more fish than I've seen on all my other dives put together. The trek out to the rib at Wittering is a bit of a ball ache if the tide is out! I think there is a hard boat that goes there (something like Trident Divers), but I've never used them.

Do it, you'll love it!!

Cheers

Darren

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the one off the Sussex coast.. I wanna go nooooowwww....

I am trying to arrange some diving for the club which is alternative to Gildy and Stoney, where new divers could come along too... sounds cracking, thank you all for your help.. greens incoming..

B x

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I am trying to arrange some diving for the club which is alternative to Gildy and Stoney, where new divers could come along too
It would be completely and utterly perfect for your requirements then - as long as you make sure they get it ona slack, and not as a second dive at whatever state the current happens to be.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Once you finished that dive drive to Portland and see one in the flesh off Castleton Beach.
The Mulberry is an excellent start of season dive lots of fish but take care if the viz is poor, there are a number of reinforcing rods which can spear through your suit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts