YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

ok so first of all i should stress that the Mull music festival is for drinking, catching up with old friends, listening to music and dancing... any diving done over the weekend is purely a fluke. I did manage to fit in a couple or three dives though and even managed to take my camera on two occasions.

So best pics were of this little chap..

The rest of the inderwater ones were ok but unexciting and very similar to the mull ones i posted last time.

However, interested to know what sort of crab these are, both the little yellow one on the left hand side in the back ground and the hairy fella in the middle.... really well camouflaged...

As usual i saw some great things on the dives where i left the camera behind. we went on the shauna after two other groups of divers and assumed that the viz would be crap so didnt bother with the camera..big mistake it was brilliant!

Jules

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

The hairy one might be a Dresser Crab. Were the hairs part of his actual body or were they just bits of flora stuck onto him? Kinda hard to tell. Dunno about you wee yellow one.

Peter

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Dresser crab was my first thought too... Yellow chapee might be a jeuvenile lobbie but I'm no expert

Added: the dresser may also be a Leach's spider...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

The one in the middle is definitely a dresser crab. He's almost certainly decorated himself (they are also known as decorator crabs) with an alga but it could also be a hydroid. Hard to see what the yellow one is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts