YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,348 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hey Tony,

You can hardly blame her for being a little miffed when you bring her over for a nice holiday in the UK and almost as soon as the plane lands you're buggering off without her to go diving! And then spending the rest of the trip at lectures!

Mrs D would go ballistic! I've not met Mrs P yet, but I'd say she was a woman worth keeping hold of!

See you both soon, buddy.

(PS - weather at the moment is a litttle dull and cloudy. Definitely pack some light rain gear.)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Hey Mark and Tony
If you want an idea of what the weathers going to be like have a look at

Oban

Situated not that far from Lochaline & if you look at the shot of Oban harbour you can see the mountains on Mull in the distance and the ferry from Mull arriving  

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,268 Posts
Imported post

Guys
I am really excited about the trip too. I will be sporting an addition to my dive emsemble courtesy of a gift from Bren. what a cool cat I will be! Someone needs to bring a digital camera to record if for posterity.
see you at the weekend

jules:D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Liz & I are going to leave home at sparrows fart o'clock and take a few scenery breaks on the way up.

Also wondering if I find a tartan shop about a kilt in my mum's family tartan, Campbell Ancient.

We will be bring a digi camera with housing and, hopefully, Liz's Nik 5. Will have to get some insurance!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and Tony, you & Mrs P are still invited over for dinner after thr trip.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Imported post

I just can't wait for the trip!  Its funny, when I look at that link to the webcam at Oban, my first thought is "Its cloudy, perfect diving weather!"  Over here in Monterey, it is usually overcast like that.  When it is sunny, topside is fantastic but in the water the viz drops down to 5' or less in many places because of all the plankton blooming.  Once the clouds come back out, the viz opens up again.  Winter diving in Monterey is the best time to actually get out!

I am looking forward to meeting all of you, especially Mark, Chris, and Peter who've really helped me out with this trip.  Definitely looking forward to the post-weekend dinners in Manchester to talk about the dives!

As for me, I've pieced together a video outfit from parts I purchased off ebay: housing, older video camera, batteries, etc.  In its day (pre-digital days) I guess it was a pretty good setup (solid aluminum housing, dome port, etc.) and since I'm always behind the times, it should be perfect for me.  So I'll be bringing it along and shooting some film.  It if turns out, I'll try to convert some clips to digital and post them on the web somewhere.  I had it out in our local silty Sacramento river yesterday and was pretty amazed at the quality of the footage.  I also took the housing down to 10m and there was no leakage at all so... I'm crossing my fingers its a go!

Tony

·
That's Dude with an E
12,914 Posts
Imported post

I'm gutted that I'm not on this trip this time.
Had a great time on the last SO Mull trip the wee weegie organised in March, even though it was a 800 mile round trip for a weekends diving.

Now don`t forget you`re English (for arguments sake we'll say Sacremento Tony is English) and wear either England football or Rugby shirts, Peter really likes that.

Peter please organise another early season trip up to the uncivilised world north of the border.

Oh and Becky said to mention something about the Arsenal playing a lower divison team.... Rangers I think the're called.

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now don`t forget you`re English (for arguments sake we'll say Sacremento Tony is English) and wear either England football or Rugby shirts, Peter really likes that.
I think that bald head of yours must be letting the cold affect your brain as you're awfully brave, or is it because you're 400 miles away and a £*%$$£*!?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Peter please organise another early season trip up to the uncivilised world north of the border.
Jeez, at least stop and take a breathe between abusing me and asking me to run trips for your benefit! Let me get this one out the road first and I'll start looking at other options.
 I have a couple of things up my sleeve, i.e. Knoydart, Moray Firth, Kyle of lochalsh + others. I'm just getting a bit sick of the bog standard SoM and want to broaden my horizons. I see on another thread someone is asking about Ireland. That's another option I'm going to look into.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh and Becky said to mention something about the Arsenal playing a lower divison team.... Rangers I think the're called.
Aye right, that's a bit rich coming from a Watford supporter. I'll be interested to know who she's supporting in the champions league,(Sorry Howard, I'll explain that word to you from the OED-Champions: The first in some athletic sport or trial of skill. I appreciate that must be a new word for yourself) the MIGHTY GLASGOW RANGERS or the lowly manchester united. I can foresee Mark Davies having a very busy night when we come down there.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.