YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

The latest intelligence from said gig has just reached your faithful reporter!

I can recount that the weather is stunning (a real 'The Diving Season is well and truly OPEN!') and verging on a wonderful Spring weekend for all concerned!
The banter is high, the gig's afoot and all OK!

I can also recount that goodly YD'er, and stalwart diver trainer, Paul Hinchcliffe Esq, went in off the boat WITH NO FINS ON!!
(Finless 2?!)

Whilst keeping it good natured, please feel free to deliver maximum abuse on his safe return to these boards!

More when I have it!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

And now, for your collective YD entertainment and delectation, here's the next gripping installment of 'YD GET Mullah'd in Mull!!"

My contact on the inside, one 'Grinner', has just relayed the following:

* Stevie Walker surfaces from last dive of today with flooded dry-bag: shoulder-zip knackered; Steve now cold; borrowed second suit from Gav Yates; Mark Davies (in his official capacity as resident YD Plod) opens enquiry as foul-play might be suspected; YD'ers lined-up for identity parade, finger-printing and DNA sampling! Floggings in the offing!

* Porg takes a 'header': keels over under the weight of her  twin-set and is found spread-eagled on the deck; sympathetic YD'ers immediately rush to her and begin taking pictures and pissing themselves laughing; Porg reported to be in fine fettle and good spirits - drinking aside, she's said to be OK!

* Peter K conducts 'Interview with a Bottle of Tequila': said to be 'pleasant' at time of going to press!

* Diving Dude and Dudess in 'F*ck, Forgot out Computers' Shock: School-boy error which should, by rights, and under the recently introduced YD Court 'Dive' Marshal Rules, result in a Port Fine as minimum - although, apparently, their defence team are pushing for 'A Severe Ribbing (pun intended) and Maximum Abuse on Safe Return'! The YD Jury is out and their fate awaits them!

More when I have it chaps!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Nope just the obligitory kerb stone. Oh sorry thought we were still talking about my mrs. Mat.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Howard, YOU HAVE LET THE SSDG DOWN

ALL i can say is you FU****G Donuttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>My My, don`t news travel fast.
Just to comfirm your facts are correct, yes Knobhead did roll in with no fins, Doe!!!! and received a dam good piss take and I must say a well deserved one too, with more to come me thinks! ( Brace yourself Paul!!)
It was a last minute decision to go and one I really wish I had`nt made! No really, I enjoyed every minute (bar 1). A great set of people, some great diving and fantastic weather, (the best vis Ive ever had on the Rondo) it was good to put faces to names and Ill defo be up for the next one (fins are now bonded on drysuit) and jules scollops are something else.
Thanks to Peter for organizing everything and everyone else for making it a great weekend.
Roll on Malta.

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>A fantastic weekend, some cracking dives and great company.  Me and howard make a good pair of horny devils!  Boats great, ladders crap, food fantastic, beer flowing and lots of it!

Only bad point was that someone has taken the half bottle of my vodka that was left on the bench.  I intended to take it home with me.  Would whoever picked it up please think about maybe saving it till you see me next, or keep quiet and feel guilty about your theft while you drink it.  May you jam your fingers in a door.  

·
Registered
513 Posts
Imported post

Also add great weekend and good to put names to faces. Weather and diving stunning, imagine early march and first thing half the boat did after getting ashore from two dives was to go for ice cream.

Whilst managing a couple of shandies, great to spend a weekend with such a bunch of athletes.

Our car last to leave after conducting search for Porg's vodka, wouldn't like to get caught for crime of that seriousness, sentence has already been passed.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I warn you guys mess with a girl's vodka and you deserve what's coming to you

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>For Paul ...

·
Formerly Angus!
292 Posts
Imported post

Well, I had to wait a while before posting anything following our highly successful trip (didn't want to rub in the fact that I am only 3 hours down the road from the SoM).  Did I just rub it in there?  sorry!

Was a great weekend, and a pleasure to dive with a wide and varied bunch.  I certainly look forward to the next YD meet where ever it may be.  The trip was my first up to the SoM and I am pretty sure other trips will be hard pushed to beat the weather and diving conditions we enjoyed over the last 3 days.

Big thanks to Peter who organised the trip!

Can't imagine a YD trip without

1. The dulcet tones of Fiona  

2. The mothering of Jules.
3. The denial of responsibility from John Mitchell  (Yes, he was the skipper of the Brendan!)

Hope you all had a safe trip back home, I'm off to bed contented    Yawn.............

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Only bad point was that someone has taken the half bottle of my vodka that was left on the bench.  I intended to take it home with me.  Would whoever picked it up please think about maybe saving it till you see me next, or keep quiet and feel guilty about your theft while you drink it.  May you jam your fingers in a door
2 things here spring to mind.

1 . Vodka makes you yeti on boats.
2 . if ya can't look after ya kit , it deserves to go missing .

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Just got back, it's 11.45pm & I clocked up 1080miles by the time I'd got home. 9hours, pretty good going and very little traffic once I'd passed Glasgow.

Good to meet you all and thanks for a cracking w/end. Big thanks to Peter for organising the trip, and to Jules for the effort on the scallops.

gareth

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I have never seen so many scallops devoured so quickly by so few....!
Full trip report and supporting photographic evidence to follow...
maybe tommorrow
jules
x

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angus Mcnasty @ Mar. 08 2004,22:57)] 
2. The mothering of Jules.
can i just clarify that aforementioned mothering was limited solely to cooking scallops for the assembled YD masses..no other services were provided.
ThaNKYOU!
jULES
X

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Come on guys we want photos

believe me i have done far too much staring at big books this weekend and hope somebody had a good time (plus of course a slight oportunity to laugh at porg and Paul never goes amiss
)

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angus Mcnasty @ Mar. 08 2004,22:57)]Can't imagine a YD trip without

1. The dulcet tones of Fiona  

<font color='#0000FF'>Martin, should I be offended    

and I thought you were such a gentlemen  

I got home at about 10.30 having dropped Tony off safe and sound.  I was going to post some pictures today but it seems to telling me that I need to format the disc, a bit confused so you will have to wait until I bring my camera in tomorrow.  I am feeling rather knackered, achy knees, sore shoulder, hands like sand paper, apart from the very long journey had a lovely weekend.  

Good to finally meet some more YDers.  

Fiona

·
Have You Seen My 'Demi-john'?
997 Posts
Imported post

3rd  time on one of Peters mull trips, they just get better; weather, diving, company; couldnt ask for more . Thanks to Peter for organising it all, hope you do some more trips.

Any time you want a spokesperson,  not "skipper or leader",  I'm up for it, glad the wine went down well!

and  big thanks to Julia for cooking the scallops, best I've ever tasted!!
 ps. don't forget the fins next time paul!  where was your buddy?
oops,  I was half way down the shot line!!!!

cheers, John

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

BIG THANKYOU again goes to Peter for organising and taking on the logistics in setting up yet another superb Mull Trip no mean feat
These trips just keep getting better and better. Couldn't agree more with the comments so far ie Excellent Diving, good company and superb weather.
Julia and helpers offering of the Scallops were very much appreciated by us all and quickly devoured they were truly yummy

Enjoyed the new site the wall dive in Loch Sunart (Sligneach Mor) The Wall Dive on the Slate wreck site at the Old Lochaline Pier was particularly memorable, oh how quickly 40m arrives when youre enjoying yourself.  Thanks go to Angus Mc Nasty my trip Buddy and to Fiona B for being good enough to supply me with a lift.  

1 - 20 of 24 Posts