YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Hi

I'm wanting to dive the Murree in the summer, has any body got any experience, and who did you dive it with?? any recomendations for boats, and a rough price???

Cheers

Chris

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

I did it on the way across to Norway on the Maureen. Worth it for a one off, especially to dive in the swimming pool

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>I'm maybe a year off doing it realistically, i'd prefer to do it on trimix, but i have an IE to pay for, a new dry suit and new regs this summer... a trimix ticket is next years summer project!! (not that students can afford 'mix!)

Chris

G

·
Imported post

This has got to be one of the best dives I have ever done. It is right out mid channel and I did it on the way to Guernsey on the Macgregor.
The swimming pool is fantastic, great fun doing the breaststroke up and down it. There was a small net draped over the starboard side when we were thereof the pool but other than that she was very clean and clear.The view when come out the bridge windows and can see down to the main deck full of containers is epic. You can also get into the engine room by squeezing through the skylight but it is a long way down past all the catwalks, I got to 65m before giving up as I was on air!
Definitely worth doing if you get a chance but it is quite deep, our shot landed at 49m at bridge deck level.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dived it last year from the Maureen on the way back from Normandy and the Channel Islands. The skipper put a line on the highest point of the wreck (39M) and checked everyone back up the line at the end of the dive. Very impressive definitely the dive of the week by miles!
Conditions on the wreck were stunning and despite being limited to 45M max depth still managed a stunning dive.
There was a lot of monofilament line about, not too much of a problem in the excellent viz, but would be a nightmare in poor viz.
A definite must dive again site. The Maureen does local weekend charters at the end of the season so may be a possibility.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.