YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Folks

Just been watching on National Geographic a prog called monster lobsters, which is about sealife off Canada, many of which you can see around the UK.

This is a top programme if you are into sealife and well worth watching. Its on again (like everything on sky), tonight at 5 and 6 (on +1).

The Dahlia anemone in action is very good, also watch out for the Wolf fish - A mean muther.

Dive Safe

Paul
Seasearch Observer

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

The wife and mother in law are watching the tennis....not a prayer of seeing that tonight.

If you know when it's on again let us know....safe bet it will be as you rightly point out with Sky.

Graham

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Top stuff M8 Andrew rang me as well to let me know it was on.

Mind you that champion of the gulf wouldent have stood a prayr if I was in the water

ATB

Mark Chase

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Mark

I should have said that the Beluga Whale playing with the lobster was a bit special as well. Could you beleve the amount of Lobbies? Those 2 divers doing the survey could not move for them.

We had one about that size off the Anglia a few years ago, had to send it up on a lifting bag.

Regards

Paul

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

I thought they were going to be bigger than that.  The most interesting bit for me was watching it get out of it's old shell and burying it.  They're just like chickens, the older and bigger they are, the tougher they are to eat.  Give me plate sized ones any day.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Did anyone see the Octopus's on Nat geo? It was good stuff...

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

Noel

Yes, i watched it after the Lobster one, fasinating stuff.

I am a bit of an Octopus jonah as despite diving in places like Octopus Bay, Octopus Point, Octopus Cove by day and night i have yet to see one on a dive.

Ho Hum, one day maybe.

Regards

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts