YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Wasn't sure where to put this, as it's three fold.

has anyone dived or is booked on the Mv Cicala?

I'm considering signing up for the Baltic Wreck Diving week 21/08/2004 until 28th. It's a Meet and greet at Copenhagen Saturday evening and steam towards first wreck during the night.

5 Days diving wrecks in the 35 - 48m range. They're supplying cylinders so hopefully a cheap flight with Easyjet.

Has anyone dived on this vessel since it's launch earlier this season? Has anyone dived the wrecks there in the Baltic - Reports please? Would anyone be up for joining me for this week aboard the MV Cicala?

thenks

gareth davies

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Ok all,

Spoken to Julie at Wreck "n" Tech, there's 10 spaces available for this date. Cost £550 & O2 & beer. Flights from Easyjet so should be sub £100.

Here's a chance to do some excellent wreck diving, aboard a huge liveaboard, with all the mod-cons needed for a serious expedition (if you were too do one). Loads of bunk and storage space. They'll hire you twins, stage bottles and bottles for rebreathers, so no need to worry about carting all those heavy tanks.

On board, air/O2/He, sofnolime, chamber, ROV, hook up and space for scooters etc, not that they'll be needed.

Wreck diving in the 38m - 48m to seabed range, allowing us nitrox divers to get some quality diving, with good bottom times and minimal deco penalties. They'll be using a trapeze for deco either off boat or buoyed, with a cover rib if you are doing a free ascent off wreck.

Current proposed itinerary - Meet and greet at Copenhagen Saturday evening and steam towards first wreck during the night.

Day 1: SS Bonita. Max 40 meters.
Day 2: SS Vendee and SS Moltke. German steamships. Excellent conditions. Max 35 meters.
Day 3: SS Fritz Hugo Stinnes. German steamship. Max 47 meters.
Day 4: SMS Undine. German WW1 light cruiser. Similar to SMS Frauenlob from Battle of Jutland. Max. 37-48 meters.
Day 5: SS Norderney. German steamship sunk in 1916. 38-47 meters.
Day 6: Open for discussion
Day 7: Arrive back in Copenhagen Saturday morning.

This will depend upon the divers wishes and skill levels of those aboard.

All that remains is who's up for this week in the Baltic sea? You know you want too!!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Bump.

I'm sure there must be some of you interested in this ??

gareth

·
Registered
483 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Hi,

I'm interested. I e-mailed Julie about a similar trip a couple of months ago, but couldn't commit to anything. Not sure what I'm gonna be doing in August yet as may not be in the country! When you need to know by?

Jen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts