YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all, Team bunny have just returned from their red sea honeymoon, we've had the pictures developed and I have a couple of questions. I apologise if these sound a bit daft but before the MX-10 I had a MX-5 and would like to know a bit more about strobe positioning (it's a bonica neon slave strobe, not the sea and sea YS-40A) - Does the main flash on the MX-10 need to be deflected? (there were mixed results in the pictures some were clear and others suffered from backscatter) I've looked on Bonica's web site without success. And can I use ASA200 in the MX-10 as I have a load of this but the ASA rating for the MX-10 is either 100 or 400.

Again I apologise if these are dumb questions.

Noel

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Noel Johnson @ May 04 2003,09:30)]Does the main flash on the MX-10 need to be deflected? (there were mixed results in the pictures some were clear and others suffered from backscatter) I've looked on Bonica's web site without success. And can I use ASA200 in the MX-10 as I have a load of this but the ASA rating for the MX-10 is either 100 or 400.
The initial design of the MX-10 only allowed for the add on flash gun to point straight forward - so back scatter is always a problem. There is now a fibre optic cable available to enable the main flash gun to held at an angle to prevent backscatter.

However, as far as I am aware, the flash HAS to be hand held which is a complete waste of time unless you are an octopus with arms to spare. I have looked at my MX-10 and there is nowhere to mount an arm to hold a flash.

I have pictures ranging from cr*p to indifferent and then, on my last hols in Tenerife I got 3 rolls of excellent pics - good light, clear water and I got the camera settings right at last.

The conditions in the UK so far this year have not warranted taking my camera unless you like blizzard pictures.

Have a look on the Sea & Sea web site. [EDIT] I HAD A QUICK LOOK BUT DID NOT SEE ANYTHING THERE MAYBE I JUST MISSED IT. ANYWAY, FOLLOW THE LINK TO A SHOP THAT DOES SELL THEM (I HAVE NO IDEA ON PRICES - SHOP AROUND IF YOU WAN'T ONE).

http://www.divebooty.co.uk/equipment_details.asp?pid=101

Happy snapping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts