YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While out shopping yesterday I came across Magners , I am not normally a cider drinker but I think I could be converted. Tis lovely :D

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Hmmmm they have some in the Irish Bar next to my hotel so i will have to pop in for a try in a bit :)

G

·
I had one of these last yr.... didn't enjoy it at all, the smell of it was like dirty socks :embarassed: or something along those lines!

Corinne

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
My first one was actually a Bulmers(don t know if there s a difference) at a pub next to Giant s Causeway a few years back so at least I could say I went native:)
I found that after the first one (the thirst quencher) it becomes a bit eeeeuuuurrrgghhhy alcopopsy .
Bring me the dark mild landlord:redface:

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Oh its lovely,

Magners for the summer and Guinness for the winter, half n half spring and autumn. :teeth:

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Like all good Glarster boys, I love zider, but can't stand Magners.

Now Taunton 'Natch', that's proper job :D

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
While out shopping yesterday I came across Magners , I am not normally a cider drinker but I think I could be converted. Tis lovely :D

Fiona - I am seriously disappointed in you :shakes head:

C.H.A.V.

There is a reason they pour it over ice - it is so you can't taste it.

·
Banned
1,601 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it!

Magners = :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Chris/z:)

·
Là á Bhlàir's math na Càirdean
884 Posts
was standing at a bar last year waiting to buy a round when the guy near me bought a pint of the stuff, thought that looks good so bought one myself. it tasted pretty poor actually. A bit like coffee, looks better than it tastes.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fiona - I am seriously disappointed in you :shakes head:

C.H.A.V.

Cheeky bugger, it was almost £3 a bottle, when I start on the whitelightening (think that's the one) I'll let you know :D

the goat said:
My first one was actually a Bulmers(don t know if there s a difference) at a pub next to Giant s Causeway a few years back so at least I could say I went native
I don't think there is a difference, but they couldn't name it Bulmers in the UK

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
I don't think there is a difference, but they couldn't name it Bulmers in the UK
They can as I have drunk it here when they didn't have any Magners :)

After some research [1] this is what I have found out

They are both exactly the same. Magners is the brand name used in England, Bulmers is the brand name used in Ireland.
It's the same cider in a different bottle. Magners in England, Bulmers in Eire. Although the names used to be the other way round until some marketing genius swapped them. He certainly earned his money because virtually everyone in London seems to drink the stuff, clearly forgetting that it is, after all, cider.
Neither, they are both homogenous shite, Try some westons scrumpy or Old Rosie. Now that is cider!
:D

[1] Quick Google.

·
Long time no sea
710 Posts
it's just marketing bs

Cider yuck.

Ok when your a teenager in the 80's - but these days there are some nice beers and wines.

try St. Austell brewery - Tribute. handsome!

Neill

1 - 20 of 73 Posts