YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been creeping up on me for some time. I drive a diesel estate (when it starts). I prefer wine to beer. I own an MP3 player but don't know how to put tunes into it let alone get them out again. I don't remember when I last opened a condom packet. I think cars with body kits and exhausts like chimney pots look stupid. I have never used hair gel and have little opportunity to try nowadays. I use words like 'nowadays' nowadays. My daughter is an adult. Gardening appeals to me. I read biographies. I enjoy 'going for a walk.' I have no idea which bands are currently popular and have never heard of them anyway. And today, at 4.16..... sent a letter to the local paper complaining about the yobbish behaviour of students from a nearby grammar school on the train recently.

BLOODY HELL!!!!!

What happened???? It seems only a few weeks ago I was an easy going party animal who was in tune with modern life (and at the pinacle of his sexual prowess). So I need to rectify this. I have put on a bandana as an emergency measure and am scanning the internet for suitable body piercing ideas. I am also doing several sets of sit ups but at the moment I just have pain rather than my long lost six pack. I can't grow old gracefully. Any ideas gratefully accepted.:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg:

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
Have you got your bus-pass and have you applied for your winter heating allowance?

Reactions: SilvaFish

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Gardening appeals to me.
Never mind, Frosty. There is a little garden here with nettles, meadow grass, a couple of shrubs and a patio that looks like something off Wilderness Road.

If you have any spare time, and find yourself in Berkshire, would you like to fix it?

Decent rates of pay, I keep wine and beer in the house and I am trying to ensure my sone gets his finger out far enough to get to the local grammer. (although, as he will have to wear a 'suit' I have my doubts)
:D

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
You're entering Finless territory my friend. I got there a few years ago. I hated hated hated 45 yers old, with a vengenance. So first off, loose the bandana, you'll look sad, dont get a soft top, do get a shaven head if its going thin (thanfully mine isnt - yet!!). Dont try and look young, you'll look a wanker. Settle back, realise how lucky you are in that you can still dive with the whiper snappers and hold your own (steady).

Get a motorbike, even if you never had one, keeps the reflexes sharp, worries the Hell out of the wife of course, which makes diving look safe.

Dont get a young bird (see section 1 above - same reason)

Sell the house get one with a really small garden, then you'll have no interest in gardening at all, deck it all over, get a big gas bbq that takes up a lot of space and shows what a man you are. Get a house where there are no kids, horrible things anyway. Makes more time for diving too.

Think about getting an RB (in your case only think about it). :)

Get a new car, petrol, not an MPV, not a softop (not big on old guys in softops, you may have guessed), nothing too lairy, just a bit quick whilst being refined 2.5 would be good.

Take up Archery, not golf. Horse riding is also good.

HTH
Matt

·
South African - and proud of it!
180 Posts
I've just been 36 for the last 8 years. Don't just say, believe it. Self deceipt really is the only option. Whatever you do you'll look a prat - just remember what our Dads looked like in their 40s! No advice, just a sincere hope that you'll stay 36 disgracefully for the rest of your natural... I hope I do.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
I'm teetering on the fence of senility myself so I emapathise you poor old sod.

I have a dodgy back and cracking knees yet I like "modern music".

I've got a penchant for a good book, warm milk and an early night but I like a good party

I like sensible comfortable shoes but I hanker after patent stilettos (but can't walk in them and look like Dick Emery if I try)

I think my son's friends look quite fanciable. Nuff said.

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're entering Finless territory my friend. I got there a few years ago. I hated hated hated 45 yers old, with a vengenance. So first off, loose the bandana, you'll look sad, dont get a soft top, do get a shaven head if its going thin (thanfully mine isnt - yet!!). Dont try and look young, you'll look a wanker. Settle back, realise how lucky you are in that you can still dive with the whiper snappers and hold your own (steady).

Get a motorbike, even if you never had one, keeps the reflexes sharp, worries the Hell out of the wife of course, which makes diving look safe.

Dont get a young bird (see section 1 above - same reason)

Sell the house get one with a really small garden, then you'll have no interest in gardening at all, deck it all over, get a big gas bbq that takes up a lot of space and shows what a man you are. Get a house where there are no kids, horrible things anyway. Makes more time for diving too.

Think about getting an RB (in your case only think about it). :)

Get a new car, petrol, not an MPV, not a softop (not big on old guys in softops, you may have guessed), nothing too lairy, just a bit quick whilst being refined 2.5 would be good.

Take up Archery, not golf. Horse riding is also good.

HTH
Matt
Oh dear. I already have an RB but think motorbikes are 'dangerous'. So do I go ahead with the piercing?:frown:

I like sensible comfortable shoes but I hanker after patent stilettos (but can't walk in them and look like Dick Emery if I try)
Yeah, me too.... oops...:embarassed:

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never mind, Frosty. There is a little garden here with nettles, meadow grass, a couple of shrubs and a patio that looks like something off Wilderness Road.

If you have any spare time, and find yourself in Berkshire, would you like to fix it?
One of the advantages of my maturity is that I've aquired sufficient experience to know how to trim a ladies bush.:)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Welcome to the club, I hit manopause in 1989 ;) my advice would be to open condom packs irrespective of whether you'll use them or not, buy a diesel estate you can trust, visit garden centres at opening times to avoid the crush of the more elderly horticulturalists, and enjoy the fact that bald men are sexy......apparently, myself being the exception of course ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Oban hide and seek champion 1976
445 Posts
Your going through a difficult time Frosty but just remember, now your getting on a bit, to never trust a fart anymore and always use an erection (even if your on your own).

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Just keep taking the tablets :p It works for me :D

I'm actually dreading my next birthday :eek:mg: I've always hated the ones with 5s in them, even 25 - quarter of a century! I started counting in Hex about 10 years ago but then the letters got confusing :rolleyes:

The other day my mate told me I was now on the down slope ! Cheeky bugger
Tbh I'm happier now than I've ever been. I just wish I had a body that could cope with all the things I want to do :embarassed: Still, they do say you're as young as the man/woman you're feeling which gives me back 9 years :p

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
I think my son's friends look quite fanciable. Nuff said.
:teeth:
Cheer up Vonny, I'll bet a lot of your son's friend think you look pretty good too. Ever heard the term MILF?

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
:teeth:
Cheer up Vonny, I'll bet a lot of your son's friend think you look pretty good too. Ever heard the term MILF?
For Frosty, it'd be FILF, which sounds closer to the truth :teeth:

I'm 'of an age' too and agree with all of the advice apart from the 'getting a younger bird' bit. It worked wonders for me (no, the mssus did not like it :embarassed: ), but then Frosty does not have to, he has Queenie :)

r
P

·
Fastest Gas In The Midlands
167 Posts
Jeez thanks for all this :teeth:

My big 50 birthday is next Month :embarassed: So my wifey is taking me to Mauritius as a present :thumbs_up:

I find now i am sounding like my Father used to sound--amazing when you bend down you always groan--no reason it just happens !!!

I would rather watch a decent movie on telly(dvd etc) than be bothered to go into town for a night out--(its always to busy and has loud music)

I have a treadmill sitting in the corner --wife spends more time taking dust off --than i spend on it !!! I tend to not bother buying new clothes as i dont need them anyhow :)
My Sex life is one of quality not of how often(my point od view not wifes lol )
but some of the plus things are:

the kids are all grown up and left home.
Our holidays are always long haul and must include diving:
I tend to look at peeps about my age and think(well i aint that bad)
I have noticed i am more chilled than i used to be and nothing much gets me wound up.
my wallet always has cash in it(no kids again) :)
My wifey is always telling me i should act my age and dont be silly :redface:
i tend to not rush to get things done and say well there is always tommorow:

And i have only 5 more years working till i can retire :angel:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.